News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What is your perfect meal day

Started by MightyGiants, October 29, 2022, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Describe your perfect meal day be sure to include matching beverages

Perfect breakfast

Perfect lunch (this one has to be relatively fast and easy)

Perfect dinner
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I'm going to assume this is an ideal day of meals when I'm not particularly dieting. The below is not what I eat everyday or even once a week. This is "ideal" for me.

Breakfast:

I'm not a fancy breakfast guy. You won't see me order things like eggs benedict, crepes, or a lobster omelette, even in a nice place. I like two eggs over medium, each over a fairly well done piece of toast (rye or seven grain), which I then eat with a fork and knife. Alongside that I would like a modest portion of bacon or sausage (good sausage probably my preference of the two) and some fruit. For the fruit, I'm happy with sliced mixed fruit or even just several wedges of grapefruit or orange. For drinks, coffee w/ oat milk and cold still water. I will also take fresh OJ or grapefruit juice if I'm not having fruit with the breakfast.

Lunch:

For a lunch that is not some sit-down meal, I generally like one of the following:

-Salad (many different kinds but let's just say mixed greens) with a protein like grilled chicken or shrimp. Oil and balsamic I'm happy with as a dressing.

-Sandwich: My long time favorite is roast beef w/ lettuce, tomato, and russian on either a kaiser roll or a hero. I like it served with sliced pickles on the side (ideally half-sour, but dill is fine too).

-Soup: I like all kinds of soup. Some of my favorites are split pea w/ ham, New England clam chowder, and a good chicken vegetable or chicken noodle.

Of the three, I probably like the sandwich the most, so I guess that's my pick for this exercise, but I'm happy with any of those.

Always just water with lunch, unless again it's a big sitdown restaurant meal, in which case I might partake in alcoohol if it's an appropriate occasion for that. I almost never drink things like diet soda or iced tea, etc. It's usually either water, coffee, or booze (and occasionally juice at breakfast). I'm not a soft drink guy and I'm not really a big tea guy.

Dinner:

Dinner is tough because there are so many possibilities here. I love many different cuisines, and plenty of options within each cuisine.

If we're going to say ideal dinner, like it's going to be my last meal ever, I'd probably have to go with a NY strip steak cooked "medium rare-plus" with a shellfish medley starter (shrimp, lobster, oysters, etc) and then all the great steakhouse sides: creamed spinach, hash browns, mushrooms, some sort of green veg, etc. Ship all of that in.

For drinks, I'm going with a martini before the dinner, a glass of white wine with the shellfish starter, and a glass or two of red wine with the meat.

If I really have room for desert after all that, I guess it would have to be pecan pie with vanilla ice cream, which is probably my all time favorite desert.

Again, very tough to isolate one dinner as there are just so many amazing choices, but I don't think there is anything I like a whole lot more than the above.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 29, 2022, 03:30:20 PMDescribe your perfect meal day be sure to include matching beverages

I don't eat like I used to (two meals if that), but if I did it would be (depending on which part of the world I'm in):

Perfect breakfast: 2 eggs over easy, white toast, bacon, grits, black coffee and orange juice

Perfect lunch: Toasted cheese sandwich/tomato soup/glass of water

Perfect dinner: blackened tuna steak (fresh [never frozen]/seared black with a touch of Cajun heat/raw in the middle) with mango salsa for dipping, white rice, coleslaw, a lite beer (Busch, Miller, Coors, etc)...I drink a lot of Busch Lite
- OR -
Filet Mignon (medium rare), baked potato w/sour cream, steamed broccoli with garlic and butter, heavier beer like a pint of Yuengling from the tap

(sometimes I would prefer swordfish steak or even King Crab over the tuna steak, but in general, I just love a great tuna steak)
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jolly Blue Giant

Dave: I too like a martini once in a great while, but I only love a vodka (must be Grey Goose) martini, and it must be dirty (w/ touch of dry vermouth)

Are you one of those guys who can drink a Gin martini? I can't  :no:

In general, liquor of any kind disagrees with me. I can drink some vodka in drinks like a Bloody Mary (haven't had one in years) or a rum and coke (think the last one I had was in 1969)

I'm pretty much a beer only man and switched to light beers 20 years ago. Not a heavy drinker - 1 or 2 a night at most and after 6 PM. Might drink 3 when out on the town with friends like tonight. Haven't been drunk in many, many years...like 40-50 years ago
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on October 29, 2022, 04:30:00 PMDave: I too like a martini once in a great while, but I only love a vodka (must be Grey Goose) martini, and it must be dirty (w/ touch of dry vermouth)

Are you one of those guys who can drink a Gin martini? I can't  :no:

In general, liquor of any kind disagrees with me. I can drink some vodka in drinks like a Bloody Mary (haven't had one in years) or a rum and coke (think the last one I had was in 1969)

I'm pretty much a beer only man and switched to light beers 20 years ago. Not a heavy drinker - 1 or 2 a night at most and after 6 PM. Might drink 3 when out on the town with friends like tonight. Haven't been drunk in many, many years...like 40-50 years ago

Good point- I forgot to mention that. I"m only a vodka martini guy. I like them dry though personally.

I'm not a big hard booze drinker. I will occasionally get a scotch in a restaurant but rarely, and pretty much never at home. The only other hard booze I'll drink is in mixed drinks either on vacation or with certain types of meals (ie a margarita at a Mexican place for example).

I tend not to drink beer at home. We always have it around, but for me beer is more something I drink if I'm out or perhaps on vacation (I love a beer by the pool or at the beach). I don't really drink it at dinner with food though. I prefer wine for that if I'm drinking at all.

I drink much less these days than I did when I was younger and going out more frequently. These days it's probably no more than 3 nights a week, and usually no more than 2-3 drinks. It's funny, I haven't cut back because I consciously tried to, I just don't want it as much as I used to for whatever reason.

One dinner meal I considered for MG's question was peking duck. Man do I love that. A really high quality Chinese meal with peking duck being the main course is in my top 5 dinner meals for sure.

jimv

Breakfast:  Fried egg & sausage patty on English Muffin, Piece of coffee cake & coffee.  (Start with OJ)

Lunch:  Some type of meat sandwich & potato salad with a soda (like Pepsi).

Dinner:  Roast beef medium rare with fried onions, mashed potatoes & peas.  Ale or beer.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: jimv on October 31, 2022, 06:32:13 PMBreakfast:  Fried egg & sausage patty on English Muffin, Piece of coffee cake & coffee.  (Start with OJ)

Lunch:  Some type of meat sandwich & potato salad with a soda (like Pepsi).

Dinner:  Roast beef medium rare with fried onions, mashed potatoes & peas.  Ale or beer.

Excellent choices!

LennG

Breakfast--A nice, fresh bagel with scallion cream cheese, a couple of fresh slices of Nova Lox, a nice slice of a fresh grown tomato and a good cup of Joe.

Lunch--- We have tried to stay away from lunch the past few years, as a hearty breakfast, maybe an afternoon snack and we like to eat dinner early about 5:30. If we eat lunch, it usually spoils dinner.
That said, if we do opt for something, it probably would be a nice salad.

Dinner- First we do not really drink anymore, we go right for the food.
We always start dinner with a plate of some sort of fresh fruit and then soup. I LOVE soup. My favorite would be a nice bowl of Mushroom barley soup or a good bowl of minestrone.
We have drifted away from meat and when we do eat meat it is usually some form of poultry, chicken, ground chicken, turkey, etc. We do not eat any red meat and haven't for years.
We do love our cheese though. If it were my last meal, what would I have, eggplant rollatini, with some fresh pasta and sauce and some fresh garlic bread.

And for dessert, which we HAVE to have around 8:30 most nights, would be my darling wife's cheesecake--she makes the best I have ever eaten, and I have eaten loads of cheesecakes. 

And that is why I need to lose about 20 pounds.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

weeze

Well for me the perfect day would be to have a Nurse present with a bunch of Demerol and a uninterrupted day of watching Mystery Science Theatre 3000. Getting a hourly injection I could just hang out without my back killing me and no commercials from politicians.
 I can dream right?
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

ozzie

As others have stated, there are just sooo many choices. Sitting here, right now this is my lineup:
Breakfast - a stack of pancakes (butter and maple syrup of course), a side of either bacon or sausage links and a cup of Earl Grey tea.

Lunch - I'll keep it simple and say a BLT on wheat toast with mayo. A glass of water is my drink of choice.

Dinner - I love seafood and scallops are my favorite, so maybe some sautéed scallops over angel hair pasta. With some nice garlic bread. And again, a glass of water.

But all of this is subject to change if the wind changes direction, haha!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara