News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Busy past week

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, October 30, 2022, 11:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

This past week has been a whirlwind of activity for me. On Monday, I took my last bike ride before putting the bike away for the winter. I met up with my son and we took a ride around Skaneateles Lake (one of the Finger Lakes) and it was a gorgeous day. My son snapped a photo of our bikes and you can sorta see the lake in the background

Mine is the red fat boy in front

Tuesday I went to the hospital to have a CAT scan to check my lungs as I'm a smoker and my doctor has me get one every year. Got my results back and my lungs are completely normal...YAY

Then I got a lot of yard work and winter preparation out of the way before our first snowfall  :(

Friday night I went to SUNY Cortland's football stadium to watch my granddaughter play for the Section 3 Championship. Under the lights, huge crowd, kids are wildly enthusiastic. Her team won 3-2 and took home the trophy. Now they'll play for the state title which would be her school's first if they do. My granddaughter is only in 8th grade, but plays on the varsity team. Not surprising because she has been playing on the Syracuse team (a development league) for 6 years and has played all over the northeast and came in 2nd in the country in Denver last year after winning the Northeast division. Anyway, it was a fun night

She is no.16

Couldn't be more proud of her

Then last night I spent a few hours in Binghamton with some friends and watched a lot of folks dressed up for Halloween. Some people are really creative and a lot of normally quiet girls wear risque outfits

I guess "naughty schoolgirl" never goes out of style for many Halloweeners  :ok:
Sorry no pics  :boooo:
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

T200

Sounds like a fun few days, Ric! Those are the moments that make life! Cheers to you :cheers:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

GIANTS1

as a biker also those are some nice bikes. not smart enough to post a picture of mine.

Jolly Blue Giant

I rode right by this place last week admiring the many homes along the lake and had no clue this one was Jim Boeheim's home

https://www.syracuse.com/news/2022/10/jim-boeheim-buys-5m-skaneateles-lake-estate.html

Bob In PA

Jolly: During my 20's I spent a whole lot of summer time in the Keuka region (both ends and the middle LOL!).

Did you ever check out the little chapel in the "Y" between the two branches? Nothing much to it but interesting.

Nowadays, we go up to the wineries and winery restaurants just once a year.  Too far to drive.  :(  :(  :(

Bob

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Sem

Sounds like you have been busy Ric. It's been well over 50 years since I last swam in Skaneateles Lake, I remember it being very cold. My wife and I did however spend a couple relaxing nights at Mirbeau Inn and Spa. There's also quite a few nice restaurants in that area. We enjoyed an excellent dinner at Rosalie's Cucina, and of course Doug's Fish Fry is well known throughout upstate.

Best of luck to your granddaughter in the championship game.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Bob In PA on November 01, 2022, 11:16:18 AMJolly: During my 20's I spent a whole lot of summer time in the Keuka region (both ends and the middle LOL!).

Did you ever check out the little chapel in the "Y" between the two branches? Nothing much to it but interesting.

Nowadays, we go up to the wineries and winery restaurants just once a year.  Too far to drive.  :(  :(  :(

Bob

I've partied, ridden boats, fished, smelted (as in catching smelt), and picnicked on every Finger Lake except Keuka and those smaller lakes west of Keuka...although I was at a party alongside Canandaigua Lake many years ago and drove by Honeoye Lake many times visiting my daughter when she was going to Geneseo. I even started my own business running wine tours around Cayuga and Seneca for several years after I retired and got to know many of the owners of wineries. Covid forced me to sell out. Everything was closed. It was a fun job for a few years that leads to a lot of crazy stories about drunk chicks in my van...which I will refrain from telling...LOL

Not sure why I have never been to Keuka. Maybe because it's the furthest away from where I live. I've also spent a lot of time on Lake Ontario as my in-laws had a summer place up there and a big fishing boat where we trolled for salmon. The other non-finger lake I have spent a lot of time on is Oneida Lake, drifting for walleyes. Fishing wise, Oneida is my favorite. Regardless, the Finger Lakes make up some of the most beautiful areas in the great state of New York.

Out of curiosity Bob, what is interesting about the chapel at Keuka?

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Sem on November 01, 2022, 11:34:35 AMSounds like you have been busy Ric. It's been well over 50 years since I last swam in Skaneateles Lake, I remember it being very cold. My wife and I did however spend a couple relaxing nights at Mirbeau Inn and Spa. There's also quite a few nice restaurants in that area. We enjoyed an excellent dinner at Rosalie's Cucina, and of course Doug's Fish Fry is well known throughout upstate.

Best of luck to your granddaughter in the championship game.

Skaneateles isn't cold...it's friggin freezin year round! If you swim there, you might as well be a member of the Polar Bear Club

Sem

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on November 01, 2022, 11:37:58 AMI've partied, ridden boats, fished, smelted (as in catching smelt), and picnicked on every Finger Lake except Keuka and those smaller lakes west of Keuka...although I was at a party alongside Canandaigua Lake many years ago and drove by Honeoye Lake many times visiting my daughter when she was going to Geneseo. I even started my own business running wine tours around Cayuga and Seneca for several years after I retired and got to know many of the owners of wineries. Covid forced me to sell out. Everything was closed. It was a fun job for a few years that leads to a lot of crazy stories about drunk chicks in my van...which I will refrain from telling...LOL

Not sure why I have never been to Keuka. Maybe because it's the furthest away from where I live. I've also spent a lot of time on Lake Ontario as my in-laws had a summer place up there and a big fishing boat where we trolled for salmon. The other non-finger lake I have spent a lot of time on is Oneida Lake, drifting for walleyes. Fishing wise, Oneida is my favorite. Regardless, the Finger Lakes make up some of the most beautiful areas in the great state of New York.

Out of curiosity Bob, what is interesting about the chapel at Keuka?

While I love the Finger Lakes and surrounding area I much prefer the Thousand Islands region. For years we owned a 4 bedroom cottage on Wellesley Island. If I could convince my wife we'd be back there still.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on November 01, 2022, 11:37:58 AMOut of curiosity Bob, what is interesting about the chapel at Keuka?
Jolly: Virtually nothing. I just poorly communicated IMO it is an interesting place for a chapel/church. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

LennG

Glad you are keeping busy Ric and enjoying it as well. Congrats to your grand daughter and her team. It is always a huge thrill to win a state championship in any sport.

We aren't that familiar with the Finger Lakes region of NY. I have been there a few times, but mostly around the Watkins Glen area. I've been to the formula One race there and just love the state park there, but other than that, I draw a blank.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss