News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

All About Daniel Jones- Shaun King's Take

Started by Painter, November 03, 2022, 12:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Fire

Will summarize best I can (while working):

Over roughly first 10 minutes...

Need for adjusting system to players best skillsets.

Giants finally Nailed the coaching staff

Need to invest in a support system for DJ.

Management Mismanaged allocation of assets to surround DJ with quality receiving talent.

Incomplete to being able to throw the football. No question in his legs. Sills falling down on that interception vs Dallas must be frustrating

Kafka open to thinking outside the box. Garrett was not able to do that.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

Painter

I had no clue that a guy like Shaun King would be as knowledgeable and as insightful as he so clearly is. And assuming that if he wants to, that he hasn't yet become at least as QBC if not an OC or even more, surprises me.

Kudos to Pat Traina for the interview.

Cheers!

Jclayton92

I remember him coming out of Tulane and being the backup in Tampa for what seemed like a decade. Phenomenal college player.

Ed Vette

Some excellent insight by Shawn King on the QB position, how to build an offense around the QB, how to look at the extension possibilities of Jones and Barkley. He's a cerebral man. Interesting to read Patty's body language when he says something she perceived as disappointing vs favorable. She tried several times to get him to commit on Jones and Jones minus Barkley. On the later, you gotta have a great supporting cast around him. On both he says you have to see what your options are out there in FA. He had a lot to say about the Daboll-Schoen team and had some favorable comments to make on them. I loved his answer to the final question as he turned it into a statement of what makes a championship team. Some great comments by Patty too and she did a nice job working off of him and directing the conversation.

Final message to Giants Fans who have an issue with Daniel Jones. "Just think that Zack Wilson could be your QB."
The man has a nice sense of humor.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 03, 2022, 01:00:11 PMI remember him coming out of Tulane and being the backup in Tampa for what seemed like a decade. Phenomenal college player.
He started one season in Tampa and had a pretty good year.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Uni

todge

For some reason, Pat always conducts good interviews with quality people.

The support system for any QB is extremely important. Look at the top teams today - they all have top weapons and an OL to give the QB time. This notion that a QB can play well without those two key components has not stood up to the test of time.

Jalen Hurts has the best OL in the league and two excellent WRs in Brown and Smith. Aaron Rogers loses his top WR and he looks lost. Eli
played his best with Plaxico then OBJ. The list goes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jclayton92

Quote from: todge on November 04, 2022, 10:20:46 PMFor some reason, Pat always conducts good interviews with quality people.

The support system for any QB is extremely important. Look at the top teams today - they all have top weapons and an OL to give the QB time. This notion that a QB can play well without those two key components has not stood up to the test of time.

Jalen Hurts has the best OL in the league and two excellent WRs in Brown and Smith. Aaron Rogers loses his top WR and he looks lost. Eli

Daniel Jones has the 3rd longest time to throw in the league right now so you can eliminate that from your excuse.

Rambo89

Quote from: todge on November 04, 2022, 10:20:46 PMEli played his best with Plaxico then OBJ.

Eli's best season was in 2011 when he had neither with the worst rushing attack in the league where he helped turn an undrafted FA into a 2nd Team All Pro receiver.

"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Ed Vette

Quote from: Rambo89 on November 05, 2022, 11:47:46 AMEli's best season was in 2011 when he had neither with the worst rushing attack in the league where he helped turn an undrafted FA into a 2nd Team All Pro receiver.

That was his best year. It was also the beginning of the decline of the Oline.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

todge

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 05, 2022, 11:33:27 AMDaniel Jones has the 3rd longest time to throw in the league right now so you can eliminate that from your excuse.
Jones has one of the highest adjusted completion percentages under pressure of all starting QBs in the league. His 82.2 passer rating under duress is in the top 10 and he's thrown for more than 400 yards on the second most pressured dropbacks.

All this with one of the least talented WR groups in the entire league.

I guess you also missed Schoen's press conference where he stated they are looking for ways to extend DJ and Barkley.

Your worse nightmare is going to happen.

Jclayton92

Quote from: todge on November 07, 2022, 06:09:52 PMJones has one of the highest adjusted completion percentages under pressure of all starting QBs in the league. His 82.2 passer rating under duress is in the top 10 and he's thrown for more than 400 yards on the second most pressured dropbacks.

All this with one of the least talented WR groups in the entire league.

I guess you also missed Schoen's press conference where he stated they are looking for ways to extend DJ and Barkley.

Your worse nightmare is going to happen.

Schoen has never said they were actively resigning either one. They specifically said they had the rest of the season to evaluate him.

Where do you get this fake news that you rely on?

He's averaging 171 yards a game I hope his completion percentage is high...

Blue Fire

Quote from: todge on November 04, 2022, 10:20:46 PMFor some reason, Pat always conducts good interviews with quality people.

Cruz and Nicks, Amani/Plax/Shockey. Obj. Eli was most definitely spoiled.

Reese was an excellent drafter (until Ross came in and began taking much of that over).

What does Jones have that touches any of those options from a receiving standpoint. How about ANY of the teams right now with great passing games? This is more than some weak correlation here.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

sxdxca38

Quote from: Rambo89 on November 05, 2022, 11:47:46 AMEli's best season was in 2011 when he had neither with the worst rushing attack in the league where he helped turn an undrafted FA into a 2nd Team All Pro receiver.

Hi Rambo,

I think you're a pretty reasonable poster, and this is not to argue with you as I agree that Eli's best year was in 2011. However, to be fair Eli had Nicks, Cruz and Manningham at WR, combined with Bradshaw at RB.

That was an awesome trio of WR's, possibly the best in the NFL at that time.