News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Have you

Started by MightyGiants, December 03, 2022, 06:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Driven 100 mph -
Ridden in a helicopter - 
Gone zip lining -
Been to an NFL game -
Been to a NBA game -
Gone to Canada  -
Gone to Mexico -
Gone to Jamaica -
Visited Florida -
Eaten alone at a restaurant -
Ridden on a motorcycle -
Ridden a horse -
Stayed in a hospital –
Been snow skiing -
Been water skiing -
Been to Disney World -
Disneyland -
Driven a stick shift -
Ridden in a police car-
Been on a cruise -
Run out of gas -
Been on tv -
Been to Alaska -
Been to Arizona -
Been to New York City -
Been to California-
Had Stitches -
Ridden in an Ambulance -
Driven from Coast to Coast -
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bill Brown

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 03, 2022, 06:26:20 PMDriven 100 mph - Y
Ridden in a helicopter - N
Gone zip lining - N
Been to an NFL game - Y
Been to a NBA game - Y
Gone to Canada  - Y
Gone to Mexico - Y
Gone to Jamaica - Y
Visited Florida - Y
Eaten alone at a restaurant - Y
Ridden on a motorcycle - Y
Ridden a horse - Y
Stayed in a hospital – Y
Been snow skiing - Y
Been water skiing - Y
Been to Disney World - Y
Disneyland - Y
Driven a stick shift - Y
Ridden in a police car- N
Been on a cruise - Y
Run out of gas - N
Been on tv - N
Been to Alaska - N
Been to Arizona - Y
Been to New York City - Y
Been to California- Y
Had Stitches - Y
Ridden in an Ambulance - N
Driven from Coast to Coast - Y

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

T200

Driven 100 mph - YES (On the Autobahn!)
Ridden in a helicopter -  YES
Gone zip lining - YES
Been to an NFL game - YES
Been to a NBA game - NO
Gone to Canada  - NO
Gone to Mexico - YES
Gone to Jamaica - NO
Visited Florida - YES
Eaten alone at a restaurant - YES
Ridden on a motorcycle - YES
Ridden a horse - NO
Stayed in a hospital – YES
Been snow skiing - YES
Been water skiing - YES
Been to Disney World - YES
Disneyland - NO
Driven a stick shift - YES
Ridden in a police car- YES
Been on a cruise - YES
Run out of gas - YES
Been on tv - YES
Been to Alaska - NO
Been to Arizona - NO
Been to New York City - YES
Been to California- YES
Had Stitches - YES (Just had 8 removed this week lol)
Ridden in an Ambulance - NO
Driven from Coast to Coast - YES
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Jolly Blue Giant

Driven 100 mph - Yes
Ridden in a helicopter - Yes
Gone zip lining - No
Been to an NFL game - Yes
Been to a NBA game - No
Gone to Canada - Yes
Gone to Mexico - Yes
Gone to Jamaica - No
Visited Florida - Yes
Eaten alone at a restaurant - Yes
Ridden on a motorcycle - Yes
Ridden a horse - Yes
Stayed in a hospital – Yes
Been snow skiing - Yes
Been water skiing - Yes
Been to Disney World - No
Disneyland - No
Driven a stick shift - Yes
Ridden in a police car- Yes
Been on a cruise - No
Run out of gas - Yes
Been on tv - Yes
Been to Alaska - No
Been to Arizona - Yes
Been to New York City - Yes
Been to California- Yes
Had Stitches - Yes
Ridden in an Ambulance - Yes
Driven from Coast to Coast - No
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

Driven 100 mph - Yes
Ridden in a helicopter - Yes
Gone zip lining - Yes
Been to an NFL game - Yes
Been to a NBA game - Yes
Gone to Canada  - Yes
Gone to Mexico - No (but hopefully in 2023 for first time)
Gone to Jamaica - Yes
Visited Florida - Yes
Eaten alone at a restaurant - Yes
Ridden on a motorcycle - Yes (but not driving)
Ridden a horse - Yes
Stayed in a hospital – Yes
Been snow skiing - Yes
Been water skiing - Yes
Been to Disney World - Yes
Disneyland - Yes
Driven a stick shift - Yes
Ridden in a police car- Yes
Been on a cruise -  No
Run out of gas - Honestly don't remember so I'm going to have to say no but I think maybe as a kid
Been on tv - Not to my knowledge
Been to Alaska - No
Been to Arizona - No
Been to New York City - Yes
Been to California- Yes
Had Stitches - Yes
Ridden in an Ambulance - Yes but not for me
Driven from Coast to Coast - No

LennG

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 03, 2022, 06:26:20 PMDriven 100 mph - =============yes
Ridden in a helicopter -======no 
Gone zip lining - ============yes
Been to an NFL game - ========yes
Been to a NBA game -==========yes
Gone to Canada  - ============yes
Gone to Mexico - =============yes
Gone to Jamaica - ============yes
Visited Florida - ============yes
Eaten alone at a restaurant ==yes
Ridden on a motorcycle - =====no
Ridden a horse - =============yes
Stayed in a hospital – =======yes
Been snow skiing -============no
Been water skiing -===========no
Been to Disney World -========no
Disneyland - =================yes
Driven a stick shift -========yes
Ridden in a police car-=======no
Been on a cruise - ===========yes
Run out of gas - =============yes
Been on tv - =================yes (background)
Been to Alaska - =============yes
Been to Arizona - ============yes
Been to New York City -=======yes
Been to California-===========yes
Had Stitches - ===============yes
Ridden in an Ambulance -======no
Driven from Coast to Coast - =no
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 03, 2022, 06:26:20 PMDriven 100 mph - N
Ridden in a helicopter - N
Gone zip lining - N
Been to an NFL game - Y
Been to a NBA game -Y
Gone to Canada  - Y
Gone to Mexico - N
Gone to Jamaica - N
Visited Florida - Y
Ridden on a motorcycle - Y
Ridden a horse - Y
Stayed in a hospital – I assume you mean as a patient, so No
Been snow skiing - Y
Been water skiing - N
Been to Disney World - Y
Disneyland - N
Driven a stick shift - Y
Ridden in a police car- Y
Been on a cruise - Y
Run out of gas - N
Been on tv - N
Been to Alaska - N
Been to Arizona - Y
Been to California- N
Had Stitches - Y
Ridden in an Ambulance - N
Driven from Coast to Coast - Not quite - Long Island to Las Vegas
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

MightyGiants

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 03, 2022, 06:26:20 PMDriven 100 mph - Y
Ridden in a helicopter -  N
Gone zip lining - N
Been to an NFL game - Y
Been to a NBA game - Y
Gone to Canada  - Y
Gone to Mexico - Y
Gone to Jamaica - Y
Visited Florida - Y
Ridden on a motorcycle - N
Ridden a horse - Y
Stayed in a hospital – Y
Been snow skiing - Y
Been water skiing - N
Been to Disney World - Y
Disneyland - N
Driven a stick shift - Y
Ridden in a police car- Y
Been on a cruise - Y
Run out of gas - N
Been on tv - N
Been to Alaska - N
Been to Arizona - Y
Been to California- Y
Had Stitches - N
Ridden in an Ambulance - Y
Driven from Coast to Coast - N
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

To create conversation, is there a story or qualification to any of your yes answers?

For example-  I said yes to California because I was born there (my father was in the Air Force), but I was out of the state before my first birthday.

I went snow skiing once and didn't like it.  I am not a fan of heights, and slopes are a lot steeper than they look on TV.  I struggled to stop, and the trails were crowded.   I likened skiing to driving on the NJ Parkway at rush hour in a car with crappy brakes, and the heater doesn't work.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Sem

Driven 100 mph - No. I've ridden, but not driven 100mph
Ridden in a helicopter - no
Gone zip lining - no
Been to an NFL game- yes
Been to a NBA game - yes
Gone to Canada  - yes
Gone to Mexico - no
Gone to Jamaica - no
Visited Florida - yes
Eaten alone at a restaurant - yes
Ridden on a motorcycle - yes
Ridden a horse - yes
Stayed in a hospital – yes
Been snow skiing - yes
Been water skiing - yes
Been to Disney World - yes
Disneyland - yes
Driven a stick shift - yes
Ridden in a police car- yes
Been on a cruise - yes
Run out of gas - yes
Been on tv - yes
Been to Alaska - no
Been to Arizona - yes
Been to New York City - yes
Been to California- yes
Had Stitches - yes
Ridden in an Ambulance - yes
Driven from Coast to Coast - yes

Jolly Blue Giant

I'm surprised at the number of people who haven't ridden a motorcycle. I got my first real motorcycle when I was 18 and have had a variety since. Before that I had minibikes, snowmobiles, etc. It is the feeling of freedom and you automatically become part of a very social group that accepts you from the get go

I've been on TV several times. First time was in Syracuse when the choir I was in sang patriotic songs on the steps of the courthouse. Then they focused on me and three other guys as we sang in a Barbershop Quartet. The funniest one was a suprise visit while at TGI Fridays in Vestal where everyone from the Triple Cities Ski Club got together every Friday night. I had been single for about a year and getting back into the game (and it is a game, like it or not - sooner you learn the game, the quicker good things happen...just a little advice to anyone finding themselves single again)...regardless, I had had a few cocktails and had a buzz going while standing around the bar with "my peeps", when all of a sudden a floodlight hit me in the face and this very pretty woman stuck a microphone in my face after asking me, "how would you rate the singles' scene in the Binghamton area?" It was a local news station out doing "on the street" news. Anyway, she was gorgeous and my reply was, "well...looks like it just improved alot"

I've lived in Orlando, been to California more times than I can count, and been in and around Anaheim. Never visited and didn't really have any interest at those times. Seen both of them from a car, but never went in. Also seen Disneyland in Tokyo. I imagine if I had my kids with me at the time, it would have been a no-brainer to go. They've all been to Disney World more than once...just not with me

Canada many, many times...camping, fishing, business as I was older, etc. Only got to Tijuana once and decided that was enough for me in Mexico...lotta strange stuff there  :crazy:

Me in Tijuana about a hundred years ago when I still had hair

Had horses most of my life and just figured everyone has ridden a horse...I stand corrected  :-??

1966 with my second horse

My dad used to do electrical work on the side as he also ran his substantial farm. He did most of the electrical work at Greek Peak so Al Kryger (the owner at the time) gave my older brother and I season passes for several years. So as soon as our chores were finished, we'd jump in the car and head to the slopes...usually night skiing. I skied all my life, but really backed off after a bad crash racing my son, who had just returned from Iraq (he was a combat medic). I fell so hard I broke several ribs, ripped the tendons out of my shoulder that required surgery and several months of painful rehab. I also smashed the glass out of my goggles and bloodied my face. In short, caught an edge at high speed. Since then, I only casual ski...no more diamonds or double diamonds for me...and I go with my grandsons

Things I've done in the past that I'll never do again: doing 140 in my Road Runner, going faster than that on my buddies crotch rocket, scuba diving in the Red Sea, ending up in the backseat of a police car, etc. Things I haven't done and never plan to is to drive from coast to coast  :no: or go on a cruise ship. Been deep sea fishing with my Dad, but never took a cruise and it doesn't interest me at all. Not sure why. I don't like being cooped up for more than a few hours, let alone a week

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 04, 2022, 09:28:09 AMTo create conversation, is there a story or qualification to any of your yes answers?

For example-  I said yes to California because I was born there (my father was in the Air Force), but I was out of the state before my first birthday.

I went snow skiing once and didn't like it.  I am not a fan of heights, and slopes are a lot steeper than they look on TV.  I struggled to stop, and the trails were crowded.  I likened skiing to driving on the NJ Parkway at rush hour in a car with crappy brakes, and the heater doesn't work.

One that I thought was interesting was eating alone in a restaurant. If you had asked me that 25 years ago (I'm 48 today), I probably would have said no, apart from maybe in an airport (which almost doesn't count), and I wouldn't have wanted to.

Since then, I have done it plenty of times. Most of the time when I do it I'm usually on a business trip and don't want to do room service or eat in an expensive but underwhelming hotel restaurant, but I've definitely done it over 10 times in the last 15 years or so. I have to say, I don't mind doing it at all. In fact, I find it peaceful and usually pleasant and relaxing. I wouldn't want to do it all the time, but I no longer have the aversion to it that I did as a younger adult. Back then it seemed like an awkward, loner type thing to do. I don't feel that way anymore at all.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 04, 2022, 11:30:39 AMOne that I thought was interesting was eating alone in a restaurant. If you had asked me that 25 years ago (I'm 48 today), I probably would have said no, apart from maybe in an airport (which almost doesn't count), and I wouldn't have wanted to.

Since then, I have done it plenty of times. Most of the time when I do it I'm usually on a business trip and don't want to do room service or eat in an expensive but underwhelming hotel restaurant, but I've definitely done it over 10 times in the last 15 years or so. I have to say, I don't mind doing it at all. In fact, I find it peaceful and usually pleasant and relaxing. I wouldn't want to do it all the time, but I no longer have the aversion to it that I did as a younger adult. Back then it seemed like an awkward, loner type thing to do. I don't feel that way anymore at all.

Yeah, if you travel for business as I did for about 8 years straight, it's so common to eat alone at a restaurant that you don't even think about it. One thing that used to drive me crazy is the 2-year relationship with a girlfriend named Beth. I would be on the road all week eating in high end restaurants and when I got home for the weekend, all I wanted was to have a home cooked meal, then grab a beer and watch some television. But not Beth. To her, every weekend meant going out to eat. That was only one of the things I grew tired of...LOL. She was physically in the area of 9 - 10, but other than that...a powder keg of problems unrelated to the physical

Sem

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 04, 2022, 09:28:09 AMTo create conversation, is there a story or qualification to any of your yes answers?

Quote from: Sem on December 04, 2022, 10:56:15 AMBeen on tv - yes

As a boy, when I was in Cub Scouts our Den was supposed be a guest on The Officer Bill Show. It was a kids show that ran on Binghamton's WNBF, a local CBS affiliate, hosted by local broadcasting legend Bill Parker. Turns out the day we were to be on the show Parker was on vacation. The set was redesigned to look like the inside of a space ship, and the host was some guy going by the name of Captain Galaxy. As we were seated on a bench in the "cockpit" weird space music began to play as a lead-in to a commercial break. I immediately leapt off the bench and began playing air guitar to the music, much to the shock of my parents who were watching off-set. I got ribbed about it, for a long time, from my folks and all their friends.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Sem on December 04, 2022, 12:59:20 PMAs a boy, when I was in Cub Scouts our Den was supposed be a guest on The Officer Bill Show. It was a kids show that ran on Binghamton's WNBF, a local CBS affiliate, hosted by local broadcasting legend Bill Parker. Turns out the day we were to be on the show Parker was on vacation. The set was redesigned to look like the inside of a space ship, and the host was some guy going by the name of Captain Galaxy. As we were seated on a bench in the "cockpit" weird space music began to play as a lead-in to a commercial break. I immediately leapt off the bench and began playing air guitar to the music, much to the shock of my parents who were watching off-set. I got ribbed about it, for a long time, from my folks and all their friends.

=))