News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Eagles game thread

Started by MightyGiants, December 11, 2022, 11:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killarich

Quote from: Trench on December 11, 2022, 03:51:25 PMAre u serious?....it was the 1st play for the guy.

He's came in twice this season and both times we had the same result

I'm not blaming Taylor

I'm blaming Peart

The thing is I'm being consistent, people who would have blamed Jones are blaming the lineman this time around

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: killarich on December 11, 2022, 03:51:36 PMWe are not talking about Thomas though... this has been happening all season with the other linemen

NOW you choose to blame One

Most people here, including myself have been critical of the OLine all year.

What nobody is done is blame the backup QB coming in with 5 mins left to play and being sacked on his second play.

You want to? Fine. You do you.

Woody

The Giants have a lot of soul searching to do this week.
The head coach on down.......next week is the whole season.  Big week for Giant brass to address the players ability to grasp game plans and execute...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kingm56

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 11, 2022, 03:52:44 PMI was making a general point. My previous post stated that Peart shouldn't be in the NFL. I think it was clear I acknowledged he blew the play.

The game is over and nobody is trying. Analyzing Taylor's outing in a serious manner is .... (fill in the blank). It's meaningless.

Also, let's be clear. Nobody here thinks Tyrod Taylor is the future. At most he would be a placeholder for a short period of time after the team drafts their QB of the future.

The DJ is a top 10 QB are grasping at straws, Dave.  Reality is setting in..

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: killarich on December 11, 2022, 03:53:24 PMHe's came in twice this season and both times we had the same result

I'm not blaming Taylor

I'm blaming Peart

The thing is I'm being consistent, people who would have blamed Jones are blaming the lineman this time around

It's an apples to apples comparison.

I don't get how that's hard to see.

Woody

Quote from: kingm56 on December 11, 2022, 03:54:05 PMThe DJ is a top 10 QB are grasping at straws, Dave.  Reality is setting in..
Who is saying he is top ten ?

AYM

What's telling to me is the following:

Before last year, Mike Glennon was considered a middle of the road to decent backup QB. The Giants made him look like he had never played football before.

Tyrod Taylor was considered a decent to high end backup/spot starter. Giants have made him look like he had never played football before.

The common denominators here aren't Glennon or Taylor.

kingm56

Quote from: Woody on December 11, 2022, 03:56:07 PMWho is saying he is top ten ?

Seriously?  There's a whole thread on it post Hou game.  Would you like a link?

Trench

He's a backup or place holder at best. That's exactly what he is. Anyone who thinks differently isn't watching very closely.

GloryDays

Quote from: Woody on December 11, 2022, 03:56:07 PMWho is saying he is top ten ?

I would still say that.. with the right cast around him, Jones can be a top 10 QB in this league.

Woody

Quote from: Trench on December 11, 2022, 03:49:09 PMWe should've signed those two veteran linemen the Eagles signed - Joseph and the other guy from the Lions
got no  money.  and I really think that the Gm is holding his cards until the offseason....I don't think they thought they would be fighting for playing off spot at this time of year with the roster they enter the season with.
The long term plan for GM is building first two years and then the expectations for the team will be much higher

Woody

Quote from: T200 on December 11, 2022, 03:50:14 PMGiants will not win a division game this year.
You might be right.   They Taos win their own division before anything else happens for them...at least split with division opponents

Rambo89

Quote from: GloryDays on December 11, 2022, 04:18:44 PMI would still say that.. with the right cast around him, Jones can be a top 10 QB in this league.

Yeah with the 90's Cowboys offensive line, Walter Payton at RB and Randy Moss & Chris Carter as his WRs along with Jason Witten
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18