News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

ALL DANIEL JONES POSTS AND DISCUSSIONS HERE

Started by Ed Vette, December 14, 2022, 03:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP44

Quote from: Rambo89 on December 18, 2022, 07:35:29 PMSpeaking of Jason Garrett.  At what point do people apologize for blaming him for the offenses troubles the prior two seasons?

The giants struggle this year has nothing to do with Garrett's ineptness.

I didn't see teams lining up to sign him this off-season.

Fletch

Whatever I've just been waiting for the Giants to get into the victory formation and sneak it before every half , and that was post Garrett. Have they even really put in any kind of effort to score before a half all year?

AP44

Quote from: Fletch on December 18, 2022, 08:52:34 PMWhatever I've just been waiting for the Giants to get into the victory formation and sneak it before every half , and that was post Garrett. Have they even really put in any kind of effort to score before a half all year?

That was a pretty good drive, don't you think? Jones making money throws all drive too.

Jclayton92

Quote from: AP44 on December 18, 2022, 09:56:49 PMThat was a pretty good drive, don't you think? Jones making money throws all drive too.
Yeah all that money for a total of 160 yards. One drive does not make a season or a game. It was a great drive, if he could do that every possession we wouldn't be having discussions. The problem is that Jones has one decent drive a game, or one great game a season and people think he should be retained. The Backup in Washington significantly outplayed Jones tonight. Great full for the win, but I doubt Jones made any money tonight, he just managed.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 18, 2022, 05:30:53 PMIs this the Dak throw you were referring to? :D

https://twitter.com/KevinGraySports/status/1604574804228587522

No, I meant the deflected INT in OT that was returned for a game-winning TD.  I don't have a link - I saw it on Redzone.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

AZGiantFan

97 yard TD drive with 91 yards of it on passes.  Just sayin'.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Rambo89

Quote from: AP44 on December 18, 2022, 08:14:51 PMThe giants struggle this year has nothing to do with Garrett's ineptness.

I didn't see teams lining up to sign him this off-season.

Just another example of the "scheme" and "play calling" not being the issue
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Rambo89 on December 19, 2022, 05:15:57 AMJust another example of the "scheme" and "play calling" not being the issue

Collinsworth said it himself during the game: It's not the play you call; it's the player you call the play to.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Fletch

Quote from: Rambo89 on December 19, 2022, 05:15:57 AMJust another example of the "scheme" and "play calling" not being the issue

So true all the jones pumper uppers were ranting and raving about how Garrett was holding him back. No one is saying Garrett was this great coach incidentally but, let's remind the jones crew that it is 2 offensive coordinators later and jones is still passing for like 161 yards and 0 TDs and five yard passes.

Say what you want he is not a franchise qb. And he needs to be on a stacked team or a can only win if Barkley and the defense plays amazing against a lesser opponent.

AP44

It's amazing after a big time win last night, we still have to read posts degrading the QB. And I was told I was the one with the agenda....

T200

Quote from: Fletch on December 19, 2022, 08:24:41 AMSo true all the jones pumper uppers were ranting and raving about how Garrett was holding him back. No one is saying Garrett was this great coach incidentally but, let's remind the jones crew that it is 2 offensive coordinators later and jones is still passing for like 161 yards and 0 TDs and five yard passes.

Say what you want he is not a franchise qb. And he needs to be on a stacked team or a can only win if Barkley and the defense plays amazing against a lesser opponent.
They won. With Jones as QB and without a stacked team.

Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth. Some of you would be complaining after a SB win.  :crazy:  :crazy:  :crazy:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

AP44

Quote from: T200 on December 19, 2022, 08:30:17 AMThey won. With Jones as QB and without a stacked team.

Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth. Some of you would be complaining after a SB win.  :crazy:  :crazy:  :crazy:

The poster is on record from another board saying Mike Glennon is better than Joe Burrow.  =))  =))  =))  =))