News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NY-NJ Weather Saturday

Started by Ed Vette, December 22, 2022, 08:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Brown

I hate the cold. I hate the snow. I hate the darkness. I despise winter!

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

LennG

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 22, 2022, 01:33:02 PMDid you ever do a DNA test? You might have Native American Blood in you. They used to work on bridges and High Rise because they had no fear of heights.

When I say we worked on hi-rises, we had complete floors under us. I HATE heights and was never, ever comfortable going near the edges of buildings. When we worked on buildings with no outside walls, they always had these cables that MIGHT prevent one from falling but I rarely ever went near them,  especially to look down.

But maybe I should get that test. I always rooted for the Indians against John Wayne in all those old westerns.  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: ps11yat14 on December 22, 2022, 01:45:35 PMI hate the cold. I hate the snow. I hate the darkness. I despise winter!

Bill
Yet... you live in Maine.  :yes:
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: ps11yat14 on December 22, 2022, 01:45:35 PMI hate the cold. I hate the snow. I hate the darkness. I despise winter!

Bill

At first, I thought you were doing a modified Dr. Suess rendition....LOL

Yesterday was the Winter Soltice so every day gets a little longer (less darkness) from here on until the late June  =D>
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

T200

"I hate the cold, I hate the snow. I despise winter, but I will not go."

:ok:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on December 22, 2022, 02:41:51 PM"I hate the cold, I hate the snow. I despise winter, but I will not go."

:ok:
Could be worse. He could live in the suburbs of Syracuse, a wood burning furnace and need a dog sled to get off the mountain, like Brian.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

My father was in the Air Force when I was born, and he was stationed outside of Death Valley, CA.  So I was a desert baby who loves the heat and feels the same way as @ps11yat14 about winter. 

Still, they say that the best way to beat things like seasonal affective disorder is to do what they do in Scandinavia (which has a very low SAD occurrence despite the harsh winters) go outside.  As they like to say, "there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad dressing"

Although after that game with Ed and Brian I don't know if I still agree
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

I'm not a fan of winter either. Working on becoming a snow bird and eventually leave the cold behind permanently. Just have the issue of these two munchkins. Not ready to leave them.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: T200 on December 22, 2022, 02:55:41 PMI'm not a fan of winter either. Working on becoming a snow bird and eventually leave the cold behind permanently. Just have the issue of these two munchkins. Not ready to leave them.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

YOu have a beautiful family Tim

T200

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on December 22, 2022, 02:59:40 PMYOu have a beautiful family Tim
Why thank you, sir!

And they happen to love the cold  :surrender:

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: T200 on December 22, 2022, 03:11:25 PMWhy thank you, sir!

And they happen to love the cold  :surrender:

I've always said that if you live in the north, learn to ski, ice skate, get a snowmobile, etc., and make it so much fun that you look forward to it. I knew a woman who lived in Florida, but moved to Upstate New York for the winter so she could ski every day. And she was 80 yrs old. She's also an anomaly....about 8 deviations from the mean in the normal distribution curve, lol

I've always heard that as you age, you get less tolerant of cold and heat...and kids, and noise, and news, etc. I haven't gotten there yet, but I am getting more and more tired of the cold. And because of my extremely fair skin, I do worse in hot weather and lots of sun so I have no place of refuge for my skin  ~X(

Sem

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on December 22, 2022, 09:09:05 AMI hate wind more than any weather abnormality. Snow without wind is nice. I love a nice rainy day with no wind...dittos with a sunny clear day. Wind can turn any day into a mess...especially once it gets past the dreaded 30 MPH turning point

Especially true if you're out on the water.

LennG

You haters need to move to Phoenix where it is 115, but you aren't hot because it is dry.   /sarcasm/  /sarcasm/  /sarcasm/  /sarcasm/

We were in Flagstaff AZ many years ago, in August. Listening to the weather reports for Phoenix then, the 7-day forecast was 112, 114, 110 then a cool wave came in and it was 105, but then back to 114 etc. etc. I told my wife if I died never ever bury me in Phoenix. 

But it's dry they all say.   :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

@LennG

I was in AZ on April once.   The weather was perfect.  Every day was like our best spring day.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: LennG on December 22, 2022, 04:45:59 PMYou haters need to move to Phoenix where it is 115, but you aren't hot because it is dry.   /sarcasm/  /sarcasm/  /sarcasm/  /sarcasm/

We were in Flagstaff AZ many years ago, in August. Listening to the weather reports for Phoenix then, the 7-day forecast was 112, 114, 110 then a cool wave came in and it was 105, but then back to 114 etc. etc. I told my wife if I died never ever bury me in Phoenix. 

But it's dry they all say.   :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:
:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I haven't experienced the triple-digit dry Arizona heat yet. It's on my list, though.