News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Vikings thread

Started by MightyGiants, December 24, 2022, 10:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Trench on December 25, 2022, 09:19:04 AMWhen you win the QB gets the lion share of the credit. When you lose....well, you know

True, but I am against that in black and white terms myself. The QB is the most important single individual on the field for sure, but there are 21 other player involved in a game not even counting special teams, which we know can be singularly responsible for wins and losses.

I have seen plenty of games where the QB was superb, but the team lost, and vice versa. Is anyone here going to say Josh Allen played like a loser in the divisional round game in KC last year? Plenty of other examples on both sides.

Rambo89

On the turnovers at the time I thought the Bellinger fumble was going to lead to the roof caving in on the Giants.  Down 7-0 right after the first Vikings TD it felt like the Vikings getting the ball back there driving down the field with the potential to go up 14-0 was going to start an avalanche.  To the Giants credit the defense held the Vikings to a FG and on the following possession the Giants scored a TD to cut the lead to 3.

Both side of the ball deserve a lot of credit for not letting the game get away from them.  Even though they lost I thought that showed a lot about this team.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Rambo89 on December 25, 2022, 09:23:20 AMOn the turnovers at the time I thought the Bellinger fumble was going to lead to the roof caving in on the Giants.  Down 7-0 right after the first Vikings TD it felt like the Vikings getting the ball back there driving down the field with the potential to go up 14-0 was going to start an avalanche.  To the Giants credit the defense held the Vikings to a FG and on the following possession the Giants scored a TD to cut the lead to 3.

Both side of the ball deserve a lot of credit for not letting the game get away from them.  Even though they lost I thought that showed a lot about this team.

Agreed!

And with that said DJ needs credit for the drive TD and 2 point conversion play! 

That is what we needed to see from him.

If we go to OT I think we win it!

Rambo89

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on December 25, 2022, 09:52:30 AMAgreed!

And with that said DJ needs credit for the drive TD and 2 point conversion play! 

That is what we needed to see from him.

If we go to OT I think we win it!

I thought his TD pass, 2 point conversion and a number of his runs were his best plays of the game.

"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Trench

We really are missing McKinney