News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tomorrow is going to tell us a lot about this team

Started by PSUBeirut, December 31, 2022, 06:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PSUBeirut

I'm really looking forward to learning a lot more about this team tomorrow.  It's all in front of them.  In front of a home crowd.  Can they execute and put the nail into the Colts coffin?  Will the coaches shrink or step up and be aggressive?  Will DJ lead this team to what should be a convincing playoff clinching win???

I'm going to a bar with my wife, oldest daughter, and Dad to watch tomorrow- I am praying for a convincing win that truly shows this team belongs in the playoffs!!!

Jclayton92

We better hope Saquan is leading the way at least vs the Colts and their Run defense. They are significantly better vs the pass than the run. So hopefully Saquan early and often with the quick passing we saw vs the Commanders.

Also please Brederson at LG and anyone but McFadden at Mike.

y_so_blu

I will be profoundly disappointed if we don't win this game.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: y_so_blu on January 01, 2023, 02:36:52 AMI will be profoundly disappointed if we don't win this game.

Same. The Colts are awful and have had two less days prep than we have had, and we're at home. We have gotten healthier and they're missing key people. We have plenty on the line and they have zero. They're 1-5 under their new coach and Foles looked horrid last week. I think the owner wants to lose at this point. We have absolutely zero excludes today. Zero.

There isn't anyone in the league I'd rather be playing today. The Texans are a better team at this point.

With that said, this is still an NFL team. All NFL teams have talent, and any of them can win on any gven day. Plus we have never blown anyone out this year. So if we don't bring a max effort and take care of the ball, we can lose this game (just like any other), and if that happens then we don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

Torus34

The New York Giants have already doubled -- doubled -- the number of games won this season compared to last. That alone should be cause for celebration among followers of the team. It is for this poor old country mouse.

Should today's game produce another win, I'll view it as I would the whipped cream and cherry atop a banana split. I've already enjoyed the three scoops of ice cream and the banana.

Would I like to see the Giants make it to the playoffs? Of course. Will I be despondent and morose if they don't? Heck, no. I'll look forward to the '23-4 season, big time.

Go, Big Blue!       

MightyGiants

I agree; the Giants are not out-talented today.  Time for this team to show us what they are made of.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kartanoman

Quote from: Torus34 on January 01, 2023, 06:39:16 AMThe New York Giants have already doubled -- doubled -- the number of games won this season compared to last. That alone should be cause for celebration among followers of the team. It is for this poor old country mouse.

Should today's game produce another win, I'll view it as I would the whipped cream and cherry atop a banana split. I've already enjoyed the three scoops of ice cream and the banana.

Would I like to see the Giants make it to the playoffs? Of course. Will I be despondent and morose if they don't? Heck, no. I'll look forward to the '23-4 season, big time.

Go, Big Blue!     

Well said. I think the team,  and the organization itself,  has already provided its fans, as well as its competition, a solid view of this team. Whether or not they make the playoffs, as much of what I believe the divining rod is, that is this thread, and with all respect due there of, the revelation of 2022 is focused on where it should be: the revectoring of this organization in order to represent it well in this decade, and hopefully the next, while making the playoffs less of a Christmas present and more of the expectation. There are no guarantees in the NFL, but time has shown that good fortune is often the product of intense preparation. That fact is evident with this team and, barring serious mishap, will result in the real story yet to be told by them.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

AYM

Painter

That it will but expect agreement on exactly what.

Cheers!

Rambo89

Quote from: y_so_blu on January 01, 2023, 02:36:52 AMI will be profoundly disappointed if we don't win this game.

Not trying to be negative or put down what winning today would mean but losing this game to me will say more about them than if they win.  I expect them to win today.  It's a game they should win no matter how they do it.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Rambo89 on January 01, 2023, 08:55:38 AMNot trying to be negative or put down what winning today would mean but losing this game to me will say more about them than if they win.  I expect them to win today.  It's a game they should win no matter how they do it.

I think that's fair. A loss in this spot would be more telling than something like a 7-13 point win would.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Torus34 on January 01, 2023, 06:39:16 AMThe New York Giants have already doubled -- doubled -- the number of games won this season compared to last. That alone should be cause for celebration among followers of the team. It is for this poor old country mouse.

Go, Big Blue!       

This!

I'll be disappointed if we lose today but won't be devastated

nb587

Biggest edge for the Giants today is Daboll and the Giants coaching staff.  Daboll over Saturday is huge plus the Colts had less time to prepare for an away game. 

For me, this is really a playoff game for the Giants game.  I understand the Giants can still beat the Eagles who might be resting some regulars assuming they beat the Saints today (although I heard that Hurts will not play today but will against the Giants).  And, the Giants could still get in if they lose both games because of the tie and the tiebreaker against Washington.  But, losing to a badly coached 4 win team at home should not happen, so for me, this is really the start of the playoffs.

Slugsy-Narrows

Giants clinch playoff berth with:
NYG win
OR.
NYG tie + SEA loss or tie + WAS loss or tie OR.
NYG tie + SEA loss or tie + DET loss or tie OR.
NYG tie + WAS loss or tie + DET loss or tie + GB loss or tie OR.
SEA loss + WAS loss OR.
SEA loss + DET loss + GB loss or tie OR.
WAS loss + DET loss + GB loss.

https://www.giants.com/news/nfl-playoff-scenarios-picture-standings-schedule-bracket-postseason-nfc-afc