News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Colts game thread

Started by MightyGiants, January 01, 2023, 12:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZGiantFan

Quote from: TDToomer on January 01, 2023, 04:47:46 PMThey are now. Serious question that probably belongs in another thread. Was it premature to trade away CMac knowing how winnable this sorry division is? The Bucs are in with a non-winning record. With CMac all they need is one more win than a loss and they are in first place.

They'll be happy they did so when they make those draft picks next year.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

TDToomer

Quote from: AZGiantFan on January 01, 2023, 06:10:37 PMThey'll be happy they did so when they make those draft picks next year.

But at the expense of all the revenue from hosting a playoff game. Plus we now have 90 year old Brady in the playoffs on a non-winning team.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

BluesCruz

This is really beginning to to remind me of the 86 team

they struggled all year then blew out the Washington team at the end of the season and then went on a tear

Their QB and WRs were criticized as somewhat ordinary.  They were considered a one trick pony- defense

then transformed themselves

It all has a familiar ring to it
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

kingm56

Quote from: BluesCruz on January 01, 2023, 07:18:00 PMThis is really beginning to to remind me of the 86 team

they struggled all year then blew out the Washington team at the end of the season and then went on a tear

Their QB and WRs were criticized as somewhat ordinary.  They were considered a one trick pony- defense

then transformed themselves

It all has a familiar ring to it

You and I have a very different memory of the '86 team.  While I was only 10, I remember them convincingly winning  winning thier final three games and blowing out GB.  They also had an amazing come from behind win on Monday night football vs '9rs...this was the game where Mark B was carrying Ronnie Lot on his back for 20 yards.  Are you sure you're not thinking of a different season?

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: kingm56 on January 01, 2023, 07:29:26 PMYou and I have a very different memory of the '86 team.  While I was only 10, I remember them convincingly winning  winning thier final three games and blowing out GB.  They also had an amazing come from behind win on Monday night football vs '9rs...this was the game where Mark B was carrying Ronnie Lot on his back for 20 yards.  Are you sure you're not thinking of a different season?

To me this feels more like an Eli's Giants type team then a Simms type team

TDToomer

Quote from: kingm56 on January 01, 2023, 07:29:26 PMYou and I have a very different memory of the '86 team.  While I was only 10, I remember them convincingly winning  winning thier final three games and blowing out GB.  They also had an amazing come from behind win on Monday night football vs '9rs...this was the game where Mark B was carrying Ronnie Lot on his back for 20 yards.  Are you sure you're not thinking of a different season?

Yead seriously. The 86 team were considered SB favorites from game 1. They weren't blowing teams out till the end of the season but were expected to win every game they played. Actually they won their final NINE regular season games.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

kingm56

Quote from: TDToomer on January 01, 2023, 08:08:22 PMYead seriously. The 86 team were considered SB favorites from game 1. They weren't blowing teams out till the end of the season but were expected to win every game they played. Actually they won their final NINE regular season games.

Yes...it's pretty well documented they caught fire after the come-from-behind victory vs Minn...the throw from Simms to Bobby Johnson on 3rd and 17 was the catalyst.   

Torus34

After today's Colts game, it's on to the post-season!

Win or lose in the next two games, the Giants are on their way.

The 2023-4 season beckons.

Go, Big Blue!

AZGiantFan

Quote from: TDToomer on January 01, 2023, 08:08:22 PMYead seriously. The 86 team were considered SB favorites from game 1. They weren't blowing teams out till the end of the season but were expected to win every game they played. Actually they won their final NINE regular season games.

Yeah, there really isn't much struggling in a 14-2 season.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: kingm56 on January 01, 2023, 08:10:47 PMYes...it's pretty well documented they caught fire after the come-from-behind victory vs Minn...the throw from Simms to Bobby Johnson on 3rd and 17 was the catalyst.
That was actually a 4th & 17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

kingm56

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on January 01, 2023, 10:45:27 PMThat was actually a 4th & 17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You're right, Andrew.  Good catch and great play that will live forever in Giants lore.

GordonGekko80

The way GB annihilated Minnesota last night was a stunner...

Maybe MIN isn't that good after all?

Was surprised to see how Alexander got into Jefferson's head...