News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Rank the 8 QB still in the playoffs

Started by MightyGiants, January 18, 2023, 09:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jgrangers2

Mahomes
Allen
Burrow
Lawrence
Hurts
Jones
Prescott
Purdy

The top 3 are probably the 3 best in the NFL. You can flip a coin between Lawrence and Hurts as well as Jones and Prescott.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Personally I think Jones is on the same level as Hurts and Dak (and ahead of Purdy).
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

MightyGiants

Mahomes
Burrow
Allen
Hurts
Jones
Lawrence
Dak
Purdy

I am pushing Allen down a little because it's looking like he is missing his old OC, Daboll.  Don't get me wrong, I still consider Allen elite, but he doesn't seem quite as impressive as he was last season (especially with the turnovers)

You can talk about Lawrence having an impressive comeback, but you can't forget his 4 turnovers created the conditions to have to come back.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

True Blue

I agree with the top 3, the rest at this point to me are interchangable based on performance thus far. Jones, Dak, Purdy  and Lawrence all had great games. I would probably put Lawrence last because of his 4 picks.

I'd probably go

Mahomes
Allen
Burrow
Dak
Jones
Purdy
Lawrence

Hurts being injured and unproven in playoffs, no idea where I would put him in here, so I will just rank the other 7

Ed Vette

Based on one game.

Prescott
Jones
Purdy
Burrow
Allen
Lawrence

Mahomes and Hurt didn't play.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

I'd put them in tiers

Tier 1: Mahommes, Allen
Tier 2: Burrow
Tier 3: Jones, Hurts, Lawrence
Tier 4: Dak, Purdy

I personally think Dak is overrated and his best days are behind him. Purdy has been great, but he's had the advantage of a good team around him and defenses that have yet to scheme around him. Hurts has had a good year, but he's surrounded by talent across the board and has receivers who can bail him out. Not saying he's bad, I just think he's propped up a little by his teammates

I also think Jones could easily move up to tier 2 with another good showing and it's not impossible that he enters tier 1 in the future. He's still young with all the tools, has the size and running ability, has the perfect coach, and will have a better supporting cast going forward
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

uconnjack8

Without much thought I would say this:

AFC: 1-4
NFC: 5-8

Not exactly a hot take

BluesCruz

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 18, 2023, 09:08:05 AMhttps://twitter.com/jasrifootball/status/1615412566653603847

based upon how they are all playing I'd move Jones to #4

Purdy #5 no joke

Mahomes
Burrow
Allen
Jones
Purdy
Lawrence
Hurts
Dak

Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Thegratefulhead

Today
Mahomes
Allen
Burrow
Jones
Lawrence
Hurts
Purdy
Dak

Lawrence will move ahead of Jones with experience, Hurts is still a little injured, Purdy id s rookie and I don't trust Dak in big games.

This was a TODAY ranking after 1 week of playoff play.  Jones was arguably the best week 1 but I can't put him above those guys.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.