News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Eagles Playoff Game Thread

Started by MightyGiants, January 21, 2023, 07:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingm56

ViewFromSection129

Eagles are drilling the giants with massive tackles and the giants don't care to even engage. Again, answers need to happen here.

spiderblue43

Good lord ..the defense has embarrassed  themselves..qùit..unacceptible.. :surrender:

killarich

Quote from: MagicRat on January 21, 2023, 11:05:01 PMI'll take a gut punch like this over being embarrassed watching Mike Glennon in November any day.

I agree 💯, I'm just saying it's one of the negatives

bighitterdalama

Quote from: MagicRat on January 21, 2023, 10:58:57 PMWell, this has been a wake up call.
We've flown higher than we should've and, ultimately, got too close to the sun.
It hurts against these horrible  bastards and it'll take time to get this out of our system.
But taking the season's body of work as a whole, we've achieved more than we ever thought we'd achieve back in September.
I detest these so much, Jaysus, this is a choker, but I can say with some confidence........we'll be back......and it's a while since I feel we could've said that with any confidence.

I dunno what happens with the guys whose contracts are due for renewal, maybe some of them walk and we take a (smaller) step back to go forward.

Point is, we have the right people in the right posts......in terms of coaching and the front office.

As regards Philli..... I don't want to give more braintime to these than I have to, but they're in their window.
But the QB is going to need paid and they're getting older in the trenches.
I believe the NFC is playing for runner-up slot this year, and that Philli's window extends to next year and no further.
Jeez, I detest this lot and that'll last for a bit, but I content myself with the knowledge I'll never look in the mirror and see an Eagles fan.

We vent, we support SF tomorrow, we lick our wounds, we see what the draft brings, we make the hard decisions, we come back next season and we go again.

The breakdown of what we need to do, where we need to improve.....those conversations keep until we're hurting less.

I love my team and it's a killer, but we shall return.

Let's go Giants.

Could not agree more.

Woody

And it goes on ...Giants just can't beat the Eagles.. Number one priority next year....beat the f...... eagles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spiderblue43

Totally sad effort everywhere. Just stunned how non competive they were. Why bother...my goodness.

Rambo89

Quote from: ViewFromSection129 on January 21, 2023, 09:53:50 PMBut this takes something off of everyone on this team, including Daboll.  This team is not ready to play and that is on him.

When you lack talent it can look that way
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

gregf

Quote from: Trench on January 21, 2023, 10:55:02 PMWTF is your problem?...I'm taking part in a game thread. You called me out by I'm welcome to my opinion - I replied so are you. What's the issue?

Trench, I deleted several of your posts tonight.   You have been asked by 2 or 3 mods to tone it down. I get the in game frustration over the loss, but your posting tonight was bitter to get through. 

GloryDays

Quote from: killarich on January 21, 2023, 10:58:47 PMLinebacker , run stuffing DT and receiver have to be priorities

After cooling down and thinking what position would a serious upgrade help fix this defence, I came up with adding another big and strong Dexy like DT to pair up with him:

https://youtu.be/gGZ5uQoBM74

This would be my choice right now with our 24th pick.

We somehow must get one, even two studs at ILB and a CB.. that is my prescription for this vulnerable defense.

Torus34

Oof!

That about sums it up.

Just . . . oof!

It was another stop on the recovery road. Some are good and some, well, not so good.

I think every man on the team and every coach and everyone on the support staff would have liked it to be different. And I think that, come training camp, they will all set about doing something about it. They'll do their best to 'Make it so.'

Be the good Lord willing, and if the creek don't rise, I'll be here to cheer them on.

Go, Big Blue.

GordonGekko80

Quote from: MagicRat on January 21, 2023, 10:58:57 PMWell, this has been a wake up call.
We've flown higher than we should've and, ultimately, got too close to the sun.
It hurts against these horrible  bastards and it'll take time to get this out of our system.
But taking the season's body of work as a whole, we've achieved more than we ever thought we'd achieve back in September.
I detest these so much, Jaysus, this is a choker, but I can say with some confidence........we'll be back......and it's a while since I feel we could've said that with any confidence.

I dunno what happens with the guys whose contracts are due for renewal, maybe some of them walk and we take a (smaller) step back to go forward.

Point is, we have the right people in the right posts......in terms of coaching and the front office.

As regards Philli..... I don't want to give more braintime to these than I have to, but they're in their window.
But the QB is going to need paid and they're getting older in the trenches.
I believe the NFC is playing for runner-up slot this year, and that Philli's window extends to next year and no further.
Jeez, I detest this lot and that'll last for a bit, but I content myself with the knowledge I'll never look in the mirror and see an Eagles fan.

We vent, we support SF tomorrow, we lick our wounds, we see what the draft brings, we make the hard decisions, we come back next season and we go again.

The breakdown of what we need to do, where we need to improve.....those conversations keep until we're hurting less.

I love my team and it's a killer, but we shall return.

Let's go Giants.

Very well put. Couldn't agree more.

GO G-MEN.
GO BIG BLUE.
GO GIANTS.

Thank you for the great season, thank you for the feeling we've been able to experience post game last week. Heck of a feeling. I won't forget that.

kingm56

Quote from: GloryDays on January 22, 2023, 05:15:56 AMAfter cooling down and thinking what position would a serious upgrade help fix this defence, I came up with adding another big and strong Dexy like DT to pair up with him:

https://youtu.be/gGZ5uQoBM74

This would be my choice right now with our 24th pick.

We somehow must get one, even two studs at ILB and a CB.. that is my prescription for this vulnerable defense.

The Giants run a 3-4, how would adding another 1-tech help, when only one is on the field at a time?  If the Giants want to continue running a 3-4, they need to replace LW, and add two ILBs capable of playing down-hill, as well as in space. You can't be an effective run stopping 3-4 def when Jaylon Smith and MacFadden playing ILB...both are terrible a holding the point and sheeding...they're both chase and drag down tacklers...

GloryDays

Quote from: kingm56 on January 22, 2023, 01:20:12 PMThe Giants run a 3-4, how would adding another 1-tech help, when only one is on the field at a time?  If the Giants want to continue running a 3-4, they need to replace LW, and add two ILBs capable of playing down-hill, as well as in space. You can't be an effective run stopping 3-4 def when Jaylon Smith and MacFadden playing ILB...both are terrible a holding the point and sheeding...they're both chase and drag down tacklers...

After a loss like that should they not question everything including the 3-4?
Besides, I don't think we play a 3-4 all the time and it's not etched in stone that we have to.
Adding another huge freakish DT in the middle who can be a force against the run up our gut, but also rush the passer, like Dexter can... wouldn't that create havoc for the opposing O lines and QBs?
Also, as you correctly said, we need two stud ILB to be able to play the 3-4 efficiently. Isn't that next to impossible to achieve in this draft?!