News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

It was a great ride

Started by bighitterdalama, January 21, 2023, 11:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bighitterdalama

Remember that the Giants, coming off a terrible season, were predicted to be just as bad. Instead, the Giants won and excelled, playing into the second level of the playoffs. Great job by the front office, coaching staff, and, especially, the players. Thank you all. On to 2023. Take a listen, it fits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV5_LQArLa0

MagicRat

Smell my cheese you mother!

ViewFromSection129

Quote from: bighitterdalama on January 21, 2023, 11:36:46 PMRemember that the Giants, coming off a terrible season, were predicted to be just as bad. Instead, the Giants won and excelled, playing into the second level of the playoffs. Great job by the front office, coaching staff, and, especially, the players. Thank you all. On to 2023. Take a listen, it fits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV5_LQArLa0

What century is this from?

Just messing with you.  I think this is the song that Jerry Lewis always sang at the end of his telethon. Which I realize makes me older than I want to be !

Great season. Just a very bad ending.

bighitterdalama

The song, "You'll Never Walk Alone," is from the 1945 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical, "Carousel." It was cover recorded in 1963 by the Mersey Beat R & R band Jerry and the Pace Makers. It was soon adopted as theme song for the Liverpool Football Club and, soon thereafter, by the (Scottish) Glasgow/Celtic Football Club. It has an upbeat, yet haunting, sound, that which, back from that era through to today, provides a theme song to many who live, in hope, along the west coast of Britain.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: bighitterdalama on January 22, 2023, 12:25:06 AMThe song, "You'll Never Walk Alone," is from the 1945 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical, "Carousel." It was cover recorded in 1963 by the Mersey Beat R & R band Jerry and the Pace Makers. It was soon adopted as theme song for the Liverpool Football Club and, soon thereafter, by the (Scottish) Glasgow/Celtic Football Club. It has an upbeat, yet haunting, sound, that which, back from that era through to today, provides a theme song to many who live, in hope, along the west coast of Britain.

To add a little, Gerry recorded it because it was his Mum's favorite song.  Then, Liverpool's home stadium, Anfield, was one of the first venues that had the capability of playing records over the PA system and with Gerry being a local boy they played this a lot.  And the fans, and then the team, adopted it as THEIR anthem.  Other team's have adopted it, as you said, but not just in Britain.  I believe Borussia Dortman in the German Bundesliga has adopted it.

There is a snippet of the Liverpool fans singing it at the end of the Pink Floyd song 'Fearless' from the Meddle album, followed by the Liverpool chant.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll