News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Race Fans

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, February 23, 2023, 02:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

2023 will be an interesting year for racing fans. Two races worth watching:

1) NASCAR race on the streets of downtown Chicago (July 1,2,3)

2) Formula 1 race on the streets of Las Vegas (November 16,17,18)

Chicago Track

Las Vegas Track

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

ozzie

I admit I know very little about auto racing, so my question is, how is NASCAR going to race on the streets?
I have seen the F1 races, but not a NASCAR event like that.
I do find that interesting.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: ozzie on February 23, 2023, 04:55:48 PMI admit I know very little about auto racing, so my question is, how is NASCAR going to race on the streets?
I have seen the F1 races, but not a NASCAR event like that.
I do find that interesting.

I wonder myself. The F1 cars are basically high-tech go carts that weigh very little and have incredible maneuverability. NASCAR cars go fast, but they don't handle like F1 cars and they weigh considerably more and don't stick to the pavement nearly as well. I can imagine a wreck in Chicago where there could be real damage to buildings, structures, and even the crowd if they have a bad accident...which is pretty much a given. I don't know how good the barriers will be on city streets

As far as the Las Vegas race goes, I think they are just trying to get on the international stage as Monaco 2.0
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh: