News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Geno Smith Gets Paid

Started by Rambo89, March 06, 2023, 06:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambo89

https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/1632879120005595138

Breaking: Geno Smith and the #Seahawks are finalizing a three-year contract extension worth $105M with the ability to earn $52M in the first calendar year, sources tell @theScore.

I'm interested in what the Guaranteed money is on the deal.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

DaveBrown74

Geno had a passer rating above 100 (5th in the league), 30 TD passes, a 7.5 YPA, and a 79.8 PFF grade. If that gets you $35mm AAV, Jones needs to get his head out of the clouds with this $45mm-plus crap.

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 06, 2023, 06:20:26 PMGeno had a passer rating above 100 (5th in the league), 30 TD passes, a 7.5 YPA, and a 79.8 PFF grade. If that gets you $35mm AAV, Jones needs to get his head out of the clouds with this $45mm-plus crap.
Man if the Giants pay 45 million for Jones after these 2 contracts today.. or even 40 million, if anything these 2 contracts say Jones should make less. Hopefully schoen realizes that.

drewsg

Anything north of $40 AAV will be sick but I suspect it will hover around there because he's the franchise baby boy  ::)

But I do trust Joe Schoen. It seems like DJ's camp was sticking to their figures and Schoen told them to kick rocks and we'll run it back on the franchise tag.

Ed Vette

Do you think these GM's talk with each other during these negotiations?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 06, 2023, 07:50:57 PMDo you think these GM's talk with each other during these negotiations?

I believe the NFLPA has made that accusation
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 06, 2023, 08:05:02 PMI believe the NFLPA has made that accusation
Is it against any agreement?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 06, 2023, 08:07:47 PMIs it against any agreement?

I thought that's what collusion is.

I am sure the agents talk.

uconnjack8

I thought Geno would get a little more, but there is a lot of factors in these things and his situation is an interesting one. 

PSUBeirut

I don't think it's such a huge leap to say that DJ has a better claim to get close to $40m/yr in today's market than Geno Smith does.  Smith is much older and has only had 1 good year in the past NINE. 

Gman329

Quote from: PSUBeirut on March 06, 2023, 08:50:36 PMI don't think it's such a huge leap to say that DJ has a better claim to get close to $40m/yr in today's market than Geno Smith does.  Smith is much older and has only had 1 good year in the past NINE. 

Agreed....but I do think today's signings establish a hard ceiling for DJ that wasn't there yesterday.  $40 might be a reach.  Length of contract - 3 years or 4? - will figure in, too. 

True Blue

Quote from: PSUBeirut on March 06, 2023, 08:50:36 PMI don't think it's such a huge leap to say that DJ has a better claim to get close to $40m/yr in today's market than Geno Smith does.  Smith is much older and has only had 1 good year in the past NINE. 

Ok, he has the same amount of good years as Jones, but with better numbers.

I swear I feel like some here simply want Jones to get the most money as possible and that his paycheck is most important to them

GordonGekko80

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 06, 2023, 06:35:14 PMMan if the Giants pay 45 million for Jones after these 2 contracts today.. or even 40 million, if anything these 2 contracts say Jones should make less. Hopefully schoen realizes that.

I would like to see a similar type of deal for Jones as seen for Carr / Geno.

The problem is that Jones will walk away if he doesn't get what he wants.