News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How will Okereke compare to 2020 Blake Martinez?

Started by DaveBrown74, March 14, 2023, 07:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Will Bobby Okereke be better, worse, or roughly the same in overall caliber to the player Blake Martinez was in 2020?

Please explain your answer. Thanks.

coggs

babywhales

We have seen this staff coach up so many different players of varying levels i am excited to see how he does for the Giants. 

Wink just got his hand picked, every down player in the center of the defense; i look forward to seeing this play out.
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

True Blue

I would think better since he provides more in coverage, even if fewer tackles potentialy, I think we will see all around better play

B1GBLUE

MightyGiants

I think they are both intelligent Stanford players.   I think Bobby will be a faster version of Blake.  I think like Blake, we haven't seen their best football (that will be with the Giants).
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Painter

Well-reasoned answers. I dare say that signing Okereke was a well-reasoned decision.

Cheers!

todge

All indications are that Edmunds was their first choice but the Bears beat them to the punch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 14, 2023, 07:21:41 AMWill Bobby Okereke be better, worse, or roughly the same in overall caliber to the player Blake Martinez was in 2020?

Please explain your answer. Thanks.
I don't know about run defense but I think he'll be significantly better in coverage and about even to Martinez in the pass rushing department.