News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Is "Tough, Smart, Dependable" an actual real thing?

Started by DaveBrown74, March 14, 2023, 05:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Some good thoughts/theories in here. I think it's fair to say though that, one year ago, when we first started hearing these words repeatedly used in succession, most of us thought that "dependable" meant, at  least in part, a guy who did not have significantly more trouble than average staying on the field and avoiding injury.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 18, 2023, 06:09:30 AMSome good thoughts/theories in here. I think it's fair to say though that, one year ago, when we first started hearing these words repeatedly used in succession, most of us thought that "dependable" meant, at  least in part, a guy who did not have significantly more trouble than average staying on the field and avoiding injury.

I agree, and I am a big fan of avoiding and parting ways with players that spend more time in the trainer's room than on the playing field.   As Gettleman said, hurt players tend to get hurt.   For what it's worth, at least in reference to Waller, I am not sure if the injury issue was artificially inflated.  I was listening to Mike Lombardi's latest podcast.   Now I know Mike is close to Daniels and his son is the OC.   So reading between the lines, it appears that Waller had serious issues with Daniels and the way he did things (as do many players dealing with Belichick disciples)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE