News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: A Rodgers "My Intention is to play for the NY Jets"

Started by Fletch, March 15, 2023, 04:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

Claims he made up his mind Friday and the Packers are still negotiating and trying to hold out for a better offer.

No idea why everyone hates this guy so much. Doesn't sound like a Lebron James situation to me at all.

True Blue

Wonder what they will ultimately get for him, he doesn't have many years left, may even be only one or two. Jets may have a brief spell of being good but when he quits they will be the same old Jets unless they successfully groom someone

This also should be marked NGT in the topic title

Ed Vette

The Jets should walk away from the table and let AR make their lives miserable.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rambo89

"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Trench

Quote from: Fletch on March 15, 2023, 04:21:11 PMClaims he made up his mind Friday and the Packers are still negotiating and trying to hold out for a better offer.

No idea why everyone hates this guy so much. Doesn't sound like a Lebron James situation to me at all.

Because he speaks his mind and isn't afraid to say what he believes

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 15, 2023, 04:40:15 PMThe Jets should walk away from the table and let AR make their lives miserable.

AR is already telling the Jets what players to sign.  The Jets are in a terrible situation.   The news was talking about how all eyes are on AR.  This pair of eyes couldn't care less what this washed-up jerk is doing or will do.  I do feel a little sorry for the Jets and Jets fans
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bill Brown

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 15, 2023, 06:51:35 PMAR is already telling the Jets what players to sign.  The Jets are in a terrible situation.   The news was talking about how all eyes are on AR.  This pair of eyes couldn't care less what this washed-up jerk is doing or will do.  I do feel a little sorry for the Jets and Jets fans

AR says he did not ask the Jets to sign any players. He said he was asked about certain players in regards to they would be in the locker room.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

ViewFromSection129

He can't even say "I am not retiring and I want to play for the Jets?"  He has to say "My intention is to play for the Jets?".  Even that is cryptic.  This guy is going to end up being a problem.

Fletch

Quote from: ViewFromSection129 on March 15, 2023, 07:03:15 PMHe can't even say "I am not retiring and I want to play for the Jets?"  He has to say "My intention is to play for the Jets?".  Even that is cryptic.  This guy is going to end up being a problem.

Jezis f . Splitting hairs much? The full quote is " My intention is to play and to play for the NY Jets". I am pretty sure he is saying the exact same thing that you want him to say -- clear as day  :-??

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

True Blue

Quote from: Fletch on March 15, 2023, 07:08:27 PMJezis f . Splitting hairs much? The full quote is " My intention is to play and to play for the NY Jets". I am pretty sure he is saying the exact same thing that you want him to say -- clear as day  :-??

::)

uconnjack8

If and when this trade goes down, can we expect Rodgers will participate in the Jets offseason program to make sure the team hits the ground running?

Btw, what's with this darkness retreat?  Is it just a dark space with no light?  What's the bathroom situation?  How do you know when you are done wiping?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Rambo89 on March 15, 2023, 04:53:44 PMBrett Favre 2008 Part II

There really are a lot of parallels, aren't there. That 2008 Jets team had a good roster like this one too. If I'm not mistaken they had 7 pro bowlers that year. I think that was more than anyone in the league.

Rodgers is a piece of work. He goes into his darkness thing for however long and makes everyone wait for him. Then he comes out and is immediately bitching that the Packers are taking too long. Great player no doubt, but this guy genuinely think the world revolves around him. Name one professional athlete in any of the big four American sports who has a bigger ego.

Fletch

I remember the 2008 jets and Favre being pretty good but Favre got hurt with like four weeks left in the season. They made a stupid decision to play him hurt , instead of bringing in a back up and let him rest for the playoffs

Grime Time

I'm so sick of him and all the dramatics.  Just retire , get Matt Stafford instead. 
Get busy livin ,  or get busy dying.