News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: A Rodgers "My Intention is to play for the NY Jets"

Started by Fletch, March 15, 2023, 04:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VanPelt

Really bad move by the Jets to give up the farm for Rodgers, so I hope they do it

MightyGiants

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 15, 2023, 09:19:53 PMIf and when this trade goes down, can we expect Rodgers will participate in the Jets offseason program to make sure the team hits the ground running?

Btw, what's with this darkness retreat?  Is it just a dark space with no light?  What's the bathroom situation?  How do you know when you are done wiping?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/26/us/aaron-rodgers-darkness-retreat-wellness-ctpr/index.html
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kartanoman

To think Broadway Joe is laughing his arse off right now, remembering that day in 1965 when Sonny put the contract in front of him, guaranteeing him over $600K in spoils, only to be followed up with knee surgery, as he thinks to himself, "Well damn! Beaver Falls would thought I really hit the jackpot if I had negotiated my own darkness retreat! What the hell is a damn darkness retreat, anyway?"

The ode of a NY Jets QB ... sigh.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

MightyGiants

Quote from: kartanoman on March 16, 2023, 08:37:35 AMTo think Broadway Joe is laughing his arse off right now, remembering that day in 1965 when Sonny put the contract in front of him, guaranteeing him over $600K in spoils, only to be followed up with knee surgery, as he thinks to himself, "Well damn! Beaver Falls would thought I really hit the jackpot if I had negotiated my own darkness retreat! What the hell is a damn darkness retreat, anyway?"

The ode of a NY Jets QB ... sigh.

Peace!

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Imagine the Jets being in such a bad situation that they are practically begging to get this guy.  Here is Packers insider Bob McGinn on Rogers:

"As of right now, I'm convinced — based on my own instincts and knowing the NFL and knowing what happens after all these defeats and discussions with someone who has firsthand knowledge of this organization, of the Packers' internal debates — that they are done with Rodgers. That's the way it is right now, that he's not coming back. They're disgusted with him and they're done with him and they're moving on. This is going to involve money and a trade partner and all kinds of things. But I'm totally convinced he is not going to be their starting quarterback this year. On the other hand, they love Jordan Love. They think he's the second coming now. They've seen enough in practice for three years, that they believe he is like Rodgers 2.0. That's where this organization is coming from right now. They have turned the page, just like they did to Favre in June and July, those months in the summer of 2008 and I don't see it changing.

"Even if Rodgers comes back to collect that $59 million, I think he's the backup. He could try to ruin the whole operation. But he knows that's not going to happen and he's going to accept a trade somewhere. He knows he can't live with that, with the Packers' fans and everybody. It's Love's turn. The organization's going that way. And that's the way it is. This is everybody, I'm told. This is Murphy. This is LaFleur. This is Gutekunst. This is the whole shooting match. They've turned the page. They don't see Rodgers as a guy who's really working hard anymore. They see a guy who — when he reported this year — his body wasn't so-called 'tight' and strong as it was. They see a guy who blew off the offseason last year. ... They're done. It's a hard guy to be done with."

https://www.golongtd.com/p/mcginn-why-the-packers-will-move
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Fletch

Quote from: VanPelt on March 15, 2023, 10:26:08 PMReally bad move by the Jets to give up the farm for Rodgers, so I hope they do it

Why do some many Giants fans say this? What other choice do they have? My understanding is their Defense is stacked -- they are not going to get any younger or cheaper.

Also, what drives me nuts is are you willing to look at issues in our own backyard? We just paid 82 million for 2 years minimum of Daniel Jones. A Rodgers had this "bad year" of 3600 yards passing and 26 TDs and Jones had this "great" year of 15 passing TDs and barely 3200 yards.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Fletch on March 16, 2023, 10:21:52 AMWhy do some many Giants fans say this? What other choice do they have? My understanding is their Defense is stacked -- they are not going to get any younger or cheaper.

Also, what drives me nuts is are you willing to look at issues in our own backyard? We just paid 82 million for 2 years minimum of Daniel Jones. A Rodgers had this "bad year" of 3600 yards passing and 26 TDs and Jones had this "great" year of 15 passing TDs and barely 3200 yards.

Fletch,

It's readily apparent that Schoen and Daboll and the rest of NYG strongly disagree with your assessment of Jones.  Repeating your claims over and over will not change that reality.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

True Blue

Quote from: Fletch on March 16, 2023, 10:21:52 AMWhy do some many Giants fans say this? What other choice do they have? My understanding is their Defense is stacked -- they are not going to get any younger or cheaper.

Does repeating the same complaints in every topic you open make you think the GM and Coach will somehow cancel out a signed contract?

I'm not a DJ supporter, but I at least root for my team and hope they succeed with him. They know him better than us, and this GM and Coach made the playoffs in a freebie year where we were expected to be awful before the season started, so let's hope it works out. Constant crying and moaning about it won't change anything. The ink dried, and the GM and Coach aren't gonna make unintelligent decisions based on the input of a fairweather fan who is more interested in the AFC knockoff team in MetLife

Fletch

Quote from: TrueBlueFan on March 16, 2023, 11:06:57 AMDoes repeating the same complaints in every topic you open make you think the GM and Coach will somehow cancel out a signed contract?

I'm not a DJ supporter, but I at least root for my team and hope they succeed with him. They know him better than us, and this GM and Coach made the playoffs in a freebie year where we were expected to be awful before the season started, so let's hope it works out. Constant crying and moaning about it won't change anything. The ink dried, and the GM and Coach aren't gonna make unintelligent decisions based on the input of a fairweather fan who is more interested in the AFC knockoff team in MetLife

I don't believe for one minute that Mara didn't play a role in this new QB contract. You hope Daniel freakin Jones just magically becomes a QB who throw twice as many TDs as he's ever had to justify 40 mil a year. I realize it is a ridic idea , and a waste of time.

True Blue

Quote from: Fletch on March 16, 2023, 11:55:06 AMI don't believe for one minute that Mara didn't play a role in this new QB contract. You hope Daniel freakin Jones just magically becomes a QB who throw twice as many TDs as he's ever had to justify 40 mil a year. I realize it is a ridic idea , and a waste of time.

Maybe he was and maybe he wasn't, it's a moot point.

And everyone else realizes that constantly bitching about it to an extent such as this is also a waste of time, or as you put it, a "ridic idea"

I now see why some of us get accused of saying DJ sucks when we claimed he was average, posts like your temper tantrums here.

Maybe you need a darkness retreat like Aaron Rodgers got to clear your mind?

Rambo89

Aaron Rodgers was never coming to the Giants I hate to tell you.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on March 16, 2023, 06:25:51 PMAaron Rodgers was never coming to the Giants I hate to tell you.

The Giants are too smart to go after Rogers
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kartanoman

Quote from: Fletch on March 16, 2023, 11:55:06 AMI don't believe for one minute that Mara didn't play a role in this new QB contract. You hope Daniel freakin Jones just magically becomes a QB who throw twice as many TDs as he's ever had to justify 40 mil a year. I realize it is a ridic idea , and a waste of time.

Fletch,

Let me know if you ever come back into town and let's get together for dinner and long Giants' conversation. You come back out here to PHX much?

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Fletch

Haven't been out for a visit there in years. Although that may change since I befriended a  former phoenix person here in one of the NY local bars but, have not seen him in awhile.

Anyway, I doubt I am going to be pleasant o be around when talking Giants it's going to be more of this: so the Jets are going to pay Rodgers 46.5 million which is only 4 mil more than the Giants are going to pay Daniel Jones WTF; they just dramatically increased their Vegas odds of winning the SB; but everyone thinks this team is going places  :confused:

Why would Rodgers prefer the Jets over the Giants? I just think he came back from his little hipppy dippy thing and decided he wanted to play and, didn't have that many choices. That is not the point. The point is the Jets recognized a QB deficiency and did something about it. The Giants solution i.e. balloon head Maras solution; was to overpay a Daniel Jones in the hopes that now he'll play like a franchise QB that will now throw more TDs than his last 2 seasons COMBINED. THat would be a real franchise QB that is paid like a top 10 QB.  All the while recognizing that we have serious roster deficiency with not a lot of money to do it. But we "ruined Daniel Jones". So what xxxx happens. Let him go another team and prove himself like Steve Young did or so many great athletes. Like huh?

T200

And which one led his team to a playoff win this year?
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance: