News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: A Rodgers "My Intention is to play for the NY Jets"

Started by Fletch, March 15, 2023, 04:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

True Blue

Quote from: Fletch on March 17, 2023, 07:07:54 AMHaven't been out for a visit there in years. Although that may change since I befriended a  former phoenix person here in one of the NY local bars but, have not seen him in awhile.

Anyway, I doubt I am going to be pleasant o be around when talking Giants it's going to be more of this: so the Jets are going to pay Rodgers 46.5 million which is only 4 mil more than the Giants are going to pay Daniel Jones WTF; they just dramatically increased their Vegas odds of winning the SB; but everyone thinks this team is going places  :confused:

Why would Rodgers prefer the Jets over the Giants? I just think he came back from his little hipppy dippy thing and decided he wanted to play and, didn't have that many choices. That is not the point. The point is the Jets recognized a QB deficiency and did something about it. The Giants solution i.e. balloon head Maras solution; was to overpay a Daniel Jones in the hopes that now he'll play like a franchise QB that will now throw more TDs than his last 2 seasons COMBINED. THat would be a real franchise QB that is paid like a top 10 QB.  All the while recognizing that we have serious roster deficiency with not a lot of money to do it. But we "ruined Daniel Jones". So what xxxx happens. Let him go another team and prove himself like Steve Young did or so many great athletes. Like huh?

You are fighting a pointless battle. Just quit it

Rodgers was never going to be a Giant. Let the Jets fail with their 1-2 year rental

MightyGiants

Quote from: TrueBlueFan on March 17, 2023, 08:31:58 AMYou are fighting a pointless battle. Just quit it

Rodgers was never going to be a Giant. Let the Jets fail with their 1-2 year rental

As a Giants fan, I am beyond grateful that Rodgers will never be a Giant.   It's a hell of a lot easier to root for a guy like Daniel Jones than it is for Rodgers.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

True Blue

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 17, 2023, 08:34:24 AMAs a Giants fan, I am beyond grateful that Rodgers will never be a Giant.   It's a hell of a lot easier to root for a guy like Daniel Jones than it is for Rodgers.

In Rodgers current state, as he has been the last several years I agree, he's a better QB but aging, and I'm worried about his mental state in recent years, he's gotten f'n weird man lol

MightyGiants

Quote from: TrueBlueFan on March 17, 2023, 08:44:51 AMIn Rodgers current state, as he has been the last several years I agree, he's a better QB but aging, and I'm worried about his mental state in recent years, he's gotten f'n weird man lol

Yeah, early Rodgers was fine but as you say the last few years...  yikes
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Fletch

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 17, 2023, 08:34:24 AMAs a Giants fan, I am beyond grateful that Rodgers will never be a Giant.   It's a hell of a lot easier to root for a guy like Daniel Jones than it is for Rodgers.

I think this pretty much sums up why most people think "this guy stinks" or He's "washed". It is not that they really have valid opinions on an athlete's real performance ; it is a personal feeling that they have.

True Blue

Quote from: Fletch on March 17, 2023, 09:44:57 AMI think this pretty much sums up why most people think "this guy stinks" or He's "washed". It is not that they really have valid opinions on an athlete's real performance ; it is a personal feeling that they have.

It seems you have personal feelings of your own, DJs contract clearly strikes some chords deep within

Again, I am not quite DJs biggest fan, but this complaining is just ludicrous

MightyGiants

Quote from: Fletch on March 17, 2023, 09:44:57 AMI think this pretty much sums up why most people think "this guy stinks" or He's "washed". It is not that they really have valid opinions on an athlete's real performance ; it is a personal feeling that they have.

Fletch, how far did Rodgers take the Packers in the playoffs last season???

How is Rodger's YPA trending?

Look, here at BBH we know our football so hyperbole and false accusations aren't going to cut it. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Fletch

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 17, 2023, 09:51:43 AMFletch, how far did Rodgers take the Packers in the playoffs last season???

How is Rodger's YPA trending?

Look, here at BBH we know our football so hyperbole and false accusations aren't going to cut it. 

How far did Rodgers take them to playoffs last season? So you are going to select one year from a first ballot hall of fame player; someone who won an MVP award 2 years ago and say he didn't take his team to the playoffs ? What is your point exactly ? That Daniel Jones took his team to the playoffs and Rodgers didn't?

MightyGiants

Quote from: Fletch on March 17, 2023, 09:57:58 AMHow far did Rodgers take them to playoffs last season? So you are going to select one year from a first ballot hall of fame player; someone who won an MVP award 2 years ago and say he didn't take his team to the playoffs ? What is your point exactly ? That Daniel Jones took his team to the playoffs and Rodgers didn't?

So your answer is "Rodgers didn't play well enough to get his team into the playoffs, he couldn't even play well enough to beat the Daniel Jones and the Giants"

I agree with that answer.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Fletch

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 17, 2023, 09:59:51 AMSo your answer is "Rodgers didn't play well enough to get his team into the playoffs, he couldn't even play well enough to beat the Daniel Jones and the Giants"

I agree with that answer.

Yea I have always said Daniel Jones is this great QB when you give him all the credit when the team plays well and completely ignore when he plays lousy against the better teams like eagles. 

He is also better than Aaarn Rodgers s if you get to cherry pick one regular season game, cherry pick one year of the last 3 --  -- which incidentally had a RB that was in all-pro discussions -- on a run first team -- with a coach of the year -- but hey -- why bring up facts. We're really comparing a legend of the sport -- like as in all time great-- first ballot with Daniel Jones now? obviously a waste of time.

killarich

Fletch you're going have to let it go, Jones is here to stay ... you are the only bitter one left still causing a ruckus ..I'm sure the other known posters who aren't Jones biggest fans are not happy ...but you just can't let it go ...

He's your QB now ...just root for him and hope for the best

T200

Quote from: Fletch on March 17, 2023, 09:57:58 AMHow far did Rodgers take them to playoffs last season? So you are going to select one year from a first ballot hall of fame player; someone who won an MVP award 2 years ago and say he didn't take his team to the playoffs ? What is your point exactly ? That Daniel Jones took his team to the playoffs and Rodgers didn't?
You actually brought up his stats from last season, not us.

Personally, I don't discount what Rodgers has done for his career. But he's long in the tooth and his indecisiveness is a big turnoff to me as a Giants fan. Eli's longevity probably spoiled us. I'm not looking for a 1-2 year rental for a guy who is wishy-washy with his commitments. I understand that Jones may not be here for long either. But he's still much younger (25) than Rodgers (39).

Finally, the point would be that just because you have a first-ballot HOFer under center, it guarantees nothing. The Giants won more games with a QB who had pedestrian numbers than the future HOFer. I'll take that any Sunday.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Rambo89

Quote from: Fletch on March 17, 2023, 07:07:54 AMWhy would Rodgers prefer the Jets over the Giants? I just think he came back from his little hipppy dippy thing and decided he wanted to play and, didn't have that many choices. That is not the point. The point is the Jets recognized a QB deficiency and did something about it. The Giants solution i.e. balloon head Maras solution; was to overpay a Daniel Jones in the hopes that now he'll play like a franchise QB that will now throw more TDs than his last 2 seasons COMBINED. THat would be a real franchise QB that is paid like a top 10 QB.  All the while recognizing that we have serious roster deficiency with not a lot of money to do it. But we "ruined Daniel Jones". So what xxxx happens. Let him go another team and prove himself like Steve Young did or so many great athletes. Like huh?

Jets went out and hired his former offensive coordinator in Nathaniel Hackett and brought in players he requested.  Neither of which were going to happen on the Giants.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Fletch

I don't really think either one of those things are true considering that Hackett hire was late Jan. Not to mention Rodgers denied the getting players thing

My point is not so much getting Aaron Rodgers although I would like for him to be QB of the Giants. My point is it Pretty obvious Jones is going to be the QB here for a long time and Mara made his mind up about that a LONG time ago. And he can just be a little better than a Mike Glennon disaster and that is how it will remain. And that pretty much stinks if you enjoy watching extraordinary QB play or Giants hoisting Lombardis.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Fletch on March 17, 2023, 12:19:12 PMI don't really think either one of those things are true considering that Hackett hire was late Jan.

My point is not so much getting Aaron Rodgers although I would like for him to be QB of the Giants. My point is it Pretty obvious Jones is going to be the QB here for a long time and Mara made his mind up about that a LONG time ago. And he can just be a little better than a Mike Glennon disaster and that is how it will remain. And that pretty much stinks if you enjoy watching extraordinary QB play or Giants hoisting Lombardis.

If your claim in bold was true, the Giants would have extended DJ the 5th year option
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE