News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: A Rodgers "My Intention is to play for the NY Jets"

Started by Fletch, March 15, 2023, 04:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

Quote from: AYM on March 18, 2023, 01:38:02 PMIf Mara was dictating that much on Jones' fate, we would've seen the Giants pick up the 5th year option on him.

Not true . Mara has to keep it honest with his coach and gm and at least pretend like they have an out from Jones to pick their own QB. Just like any coach and gm should expect.

I know I'm right because of the Mara lie that every coach and gm he interviewed after firing judge and gettle ALL wanted to work with d jones as their QB. That is BS they all did. That's why turned around and didn't pick up the option , but they all wanted him? That's why they wanted trubisky too right

Does paying Jones to be a top 10 qb when clearly isn't really sound like something schoen would do? Does never running a 2
Min drill before a half and not airing it out down two scores really sound like a coach who believes in their QB?

Further I am not necessarily comparing Jones to Rodgers. I am just saying let's cool it with all the talk of "poor Jets" they are so dumb etc. they are a contender now and paid a mere four million more for first ballot hall of fame than we just did for Danny dimes

Rambo89

Quote from: Fletch on March 18, 2023, 02:27:06 PMNot true . Mara has to keep it honest with his coach and gm and at least pretend like they have an out from Jones to pick their own QB. Just like any coach and gm should expect.

I know I'm right because of the Mara lie that every coach and gm he interviewed after firing judge and gettle ALL wanted to work with d jones as their QB. That is BS they all did. That's why turned around and didn't pick up the option , but they all wanted him? That's why they wanted trubisky too right

Does paying Jones to be a top 10 qb when clearly isn't really sound like something schoen would do? Does never running a 2
Min drill before a half and not airing it out down two scores really sound like a coach who believes in their QB?

Further I am not necessarily comparing Jones to Rodgers. I am just saying let's cool it with all the talk of "poor Jets" they are so dumb etc. they are a contender now and paid a mere four million more for first ballot hall of fame than we just did for Danny dimes

Where are you seeing this?  Sounds like you're searching for a narrative that isn't there.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

MightyGiants

Quote from: Fletch on March 18, 2023, 02:27:06 PMNot true . Mara has to keep it honest with his coach and gm and at least pretend like they have an out from Jones to pick their own QB. Just like any coach and gm should expect.

These are some pretty wild conspiracy theories you have.  Still, is there really any value in inventing stories and narratives that have literally zero evidence to support them?   There is a line between reality and fantasy. When you start indulging in inventing stories, you tread dangerously close to that line and sometimes even step over it.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Fletch

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 19, 2023, 08:24:37 AMThese are some pretty wild conspiracy theories you have.  Still, is there really any value in inventing stories and narratives that have literally zero evidence to support them?   There is a line between reality and fantasy. When you start indulging in inventing stories, you tread dangerously close to that line and sometimes even step over it.

I had no idea accussing Mara of being a meddlesome owner was some kind of criminal act.

So why don't you explaing it to me like I am 5  years old. And please do not tell me Shoen wanted to see DJ for himself and proceeded with caution. He then saw it and so impressed by his 15 pasing TDs and handing the ball of to an all pro running back more than any QB in the league , and thought "hey 1/3 'good' seasons , that ain't bad-- let mee pay Jones like he is a top 10 QB in the NFL."

How do you square away what Mara said about like a dozen GM and coaches all wanted to work with Jones as their starting QB only for SHoen to turn around not pick the option and then try to sign Mitch Trubisky and pick up a phone and see what the Seahoawks wanted for Russ Wilson?

Fletch

Quote from: Rambo89 on March 19, 2023, 08:17:46 AMWhere are you seeing this?  Sounds like you're searching for a narrative that isn't there.

Oh righ I am inventing up narratives, Here is a post right from this thread....

The Jets are in a terrible situation.     I do feel a little sorry for the Jets and Jets fans

MightyGiants

Quote from: Fletch on March 19, 2023, 02:38:13 PMI had no idea accussing Mara of being a meddlesome owner was some kind of criminal act.

So why don't you explaing it to me like I am 5  years old. And please do not tell me Shoen wanted to see DJ for himself and proceeded with caution. He then saw it and so impressed by his 15 pasing TDs and handing the ball of to an all pro running back more than any QB in the league , and thought "hey 1/3 'good' seasons , that ain't bad-- let mee pay Jones like he is a top 10 QB in the NFL."

How do you square away what Mara said about like a dozen GM and coaches all wanted to work with Jones as their starting QB only for SHoen to turn around not pick the option and then try to sign Mitch Trubisky and pick up a phone and see what the Seahoawks wanted for Russ Wilson?

2 points:

1)  If you put forth a claim, it's incumbent on you to produce evidence to support the claim, it is not the responsibility of others to disprove your claim.

2) When Schoen and Daboll took over they told you they weren't going to use stats as a significant way they would judge Daniel Jones.  You ignored them and now you are mystified when your citation of stats doesn't match their actions.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Fletch

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 19, 2023, 04:33:30 PM2 points:

1)  If you put forth a claim, it's incumbent on you to produce evidence to support the claim, it is not the responsibility of others to disprove your claim.

2) When Schoen and Daboll took over they told you they weren't going to use stats as a significant way they would judge Daniel Jones.  You ignored them and now you are mystified when your citation of stats doesn't match their actions.

Like what do you need a secret recording of a phone call between Mara and Shoen?

Should be pretty obvious there is a glaring contradiction between what Shoen and Daboll were saying and what mara was saying and what they were doing.

Here are facts.....

Mara stated ALL OF THE GM's and COACHES he interviewed to work for the Giants were happy go lucky on Jones.

Shoen did not pick up Jones 5th year option. They called Mitch Trubusky and to play here and got turned down. They signed Tyrod Taylor for 2 years with all kinds on incentives that total 19 mil. And they called for Russ Wilson. So you know right there Mara is lying.

Do you agree or do I need a video recorded conversation ?

So further am I really expected to believe that Shoen and Daboll were that convinced after just one season which was good for Daniel Jones standards. Or are you saying he passes the eye test with such flying colors that stats don't matter and the previsous 2 season don't matter? Come on take your blue colored glasses off for a second. damiel Jones isn't Phil Simms and he sure as hell is not Eli Manning . good luck convincing Mara (and a lot of posters here too for that matter).

MightyGiants

Quote from: Fletch on March 19, 2023, 04:46:15 PMLike what do you need a secret recording of a phone call between Mara and Shoen?

Should be pretty obvious there is a glaring contradiction between what Shoen and Daboll were saying and what mara was saying and what they were doing.

Here are facts.....

Mara stated ALL OF THE GM's and COACHES he interviewed to work for the Giants were happy go lucky on Jones.

Shoen did not pick up Jones 5th year option. They called Mitch Trubusky and to play here and got turned down. They signed Tyrod Taylor for 2 years with all kinds on incentives that total 19 mil. And they called for Russ Wilson. So you know right there Mara is lying.

Do you agree or do I need a video recorded conversation ?

So further am I really expected to believe that Shoen and Daboll were that convinced after just one season which was good for Daniel Jones standards. Or are you saying he passes the eye test with such flying colors that stats don't matter and the previsous 2 season don't matter? Come on take your blue colored glasses off for a second. damiel Jones isn't Phil Simms and he sure as hell is not Eli Manning . good luck convincing Mara (and a lot of posters here too for that matter).

even your facts are incorrect, it was Schoen, not Mara that said they were "excited to work with Daniel Jones"

"I'm really excited to work with Daniel," Schoen said,

https://nypost.com/2022/01/26/john-maras-daniel-jones-vow-after-giants-screwed-this-kid-up/
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Fletch

Oh here is the quote right here with Mara saying this:

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2022/02/03/was-daniel-jones-a-selling-point-during-giants-gm-coaching-search/

"I think we did (nine) general manager interviews and (six) head coach interviews, and every single interview was positive about Daniel," Giants co-owner John Mara said last week.

Again how do you square away his not singing the option; making Tyrod an obvious potential bridge QB ; Trubisky etc.

So he is not Mahomes but he should get paid like Mahomes because a guy is not a rookie any more but he has potential ? This is some weirds Jones cult thing going on with this (no pun inteneded)

This is all about placating Mara. Either that or him just imposing his will about the QB situation. ANy BS thing that is said by Shoen is contradicted by his actions and Mara's obvious lying.

todge

That's pretty serious stuff calling the owner of the Giants a liar then producing some flimsy piece of evidence to prove you're right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AYM

Of course they'd say that. They all wanted to get the job and they wanted to maximize the value of their players once they got the job. Even if they thought Jones was a complete bust, they'd not say that publicly - especially before getting the job (even if they told Mara that privately). Only a Gettleman would say "this player is trash and the first thing I'll do as GM is get rid of him."

nb587

Quote from: AYM on March 20, 2023, 04:46:19 PMOf course they'd say that. They all wanted to get the job and they wanted to maximize the value of their players once they got the job. Even if they thought Jones was a complete bust, they'd not say that publicly - especially before getting the job (even if they told Mara that privately). Only a Gettleman would say "this player is trash and the first thing I'll do as GM is get rid of him."

who was the player that Gettleman said that about?