News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

It's official- Goodbye Kenny G

Started by MightyGiants, March 15, 2023, 07:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

GloryDays

uconnjack8

Fletch

Should be interesting to see where he goes and how he does. Watch him go to the Chiefs and Jags and see Mahomes or Trevor Lawrence make him shine again

DaveBrown74

I guess he'll get a one year prove it deal somewhere. Maybe he can get something like $2mm plus incentives.

I know some folks had a soft spot for him towards the end (the feel-good TD in the meaningless game in Philly), but I doubt he's going to have nice things to say about our organization when teams asked him what happened in New York.

Jclayton92

What active cap space does that leave us?

uconnjack8

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 15, 2023, 09:45:58 PMWhat active cap space does that leave us?

Overthecap has the Giants at 7.5 under.  Looks like it's pretty up to date with the moves.

Sportrac shows 2.5, but not sure if the Golloday savings are there.

y_so_blu

HALLELUJAH  :worship:

$72 million for one touchdown. Bye Felicia.

afan56

It's like having a boil removed from your a$$!

kartanoman

Maybe the biggest  ~X( signing in the history of the organization. I have no words to say. It would be in his best interest not to say anything, nor attempt a comeback of any kind, lest he truly wish to lose any credibility he might possibly have remaining after this Twilight Zone experience.

It's over. The rain cloud 🌦 has moved on, and so should we.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

MightyGiants

Quote from: kartanoman on March 16, 2023, 08:16:24 AMMaybe the biggest  ~X( signing in the history of the organization. I have no words to say. It would be in his best interest not to say anything, nor attempt a comeback of any kind, lest he truly wish to lose any credibility he might possibly have remaining after this Twilight Zone experience.

It's over. The rain cloud 🌦 has moved on, and so should we.

Peace!

I can't think of a signing as bad as this one.  Hard to say how much of the fault is on Gettleman, Judge and the Medical staff.  They all played at least some role in this disaster.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 16, 2023, 08:21:37 AMI can't think of a signing as bad as this one.  Hard to say how much of the fault is on Gettleman, Judge and the Medical staff.  They all played at least some role in this disaster.

It wasn't just the signing it was the contract that didn't have a reasonable out after 2 years.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

Quote from: AZGiantFan on March 16, 2023, 01:01:25 PMIt wasn't just the signing it was the contract that didn't have a reasonable out after 2 years.

When the Giants signed him, they really couldn't afford him.  So NYG had to seriously backload the contract.  When you do that, there is no early "out"
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kartanoman

It was the quintessential ugly baby. What are you supposed to do, anyway? Take mom and dad out back to the woodshed?

It now takes its rightful place as the worst signing in Giants' history ... even worse than Tommy Maddox!  :crazy:

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll