News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants taking Tulane RB out to dinner

Started by MightyGiants, March 17, 2023, 12:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on March 17, 2023, 05:13:34 PMWhen I have seen him on tape, he sies not run like a scatback. He runs more in one direction with modest changes off that.  Don't think Barry Sanders type style.  That is also consistent with his low career teceptions.
Dave Meggett?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Philosophers

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on March 17, 2023, 06:23:52 PMDave Meggett?

No because Meggett ran closer to Sanders style.  I think he's more of a one cut type back.  I like that style a lot.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Philosophers on March 17, 2023, 06:35:06 PMNo because Meggett ran closer to Sanders style.  I think he's more of a one cut type back.  I like that style a lot.
Yeah he'll be used in a ton of outside zone concepts initially wherever he goes, with that 1 cut go move he has.

Philosophers

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 17, 2023, 07:37:39 PMYeah he'll be used in a ton of outside zone concepts initially wherever he goes, with that 1 cut go move he has.

He seems decisive when he runs.  Trusts the hole will be there.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Philosophers on March 17, 2023, 09:52:52 PMHe seems decisive when he runs.  Trusts the hole will be there.
That's refreshing assuming we end up drafting him.

spiderblue43

He is dynamic: speed .moves..vision..electric..can catch...reads his blocks..just an outstanding talent. :ok:

nb587

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on March 17, 2023, 05:17:34 PMIt could also be a leverage play to motivate Saquon to sign the offer on the table.

Bingo

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 17, 2023, 02:29:00 PMThat would make it a strong interest in targeting a RB in the draft.  I guess contract talks with Barkley are not going that well.  I wonder if they land a RB in day two they consider moving on from Barkley and working a tag-and-trade deal with another team.
A poke. Settle or you may get traded.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

Wonder if he gave them a reach around after dinner

brownelvis54

The KING is in the building

Jclayton92

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 18, 2023, 11:22:18 AMA poke. Settle or you may get traded.
I would absolutely love to trade Barkley in a NY minute, but the RB market was underwhelming this offseason and the Titans are supposedly shopping Henry.

Philosophers

Barkley is a top 4 RB, a leader and a class act.  No way I want to lose him when we are trying to keep and deepen talent.  His contract would not be the reason the Gmen are having budgetary issues.  See Leo, Kenny G, etc.

That said, I do want another RB and Spears is one of my favs.