News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Isaiah Hodgins and new group

Started by killarich, March 18, 2023, 09:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killarich

The more I think of it, the more I think we are done at WR .... Via free agency or first round of draft unless someone really drops from the BPA board

The kid played great when he got the playing time I don't see how we can bench him ..... Slayton is what our # 2 ? Everyone else on the squad is slot players ... we are loaded at slot ..... granted all are injured ridden players

I really think the passing game will be based around Waller and scheming the other WRs into the offense

If a true WR1 drops then we should def take him ..... but I'm thinking we go defense here

I actually think we are position to actually trade back and get an extra 2nd round and mid/late round pick

Giant Jim

Why should they trade back? They already have 10 or 11 picks. They need good players, not 4th rounders that play special teams and only stay 3 years.

Skill players aren't going to help much until they get quality interior offensive linemen. They now also need a safety to go along with a CB on defense. Could use some LB's too.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Giant Jim on March 18, 2023, 09:42:32 AMWhy should they trade back? They already have 10 or 11 picks. They need good players, not 4th rounders that play special teams and only stay 3 years.

Skill players aren't going to help much until they get quality interior offensive linemen. They now also need a safety to go along with a CB on defense. Could use some LB's too.
Need a starting DE, MLB, CB, S, 3rd Edge, Center, #2 back, and still probably an X Wr and a Punter. Lots of holes. I also personally think we need a nickel corner too as I don't like Holmes there and he's on his final year.

Ed Vette

Don't forget OBJ to round out the dependable crew.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Giant Jim on March 18, 2023, 09:42:32 AMWhy should they trade back? They already have 10 or 11 picks. They need good players, not 4th rounders that play special teams and only stay 3 years.

I tend to agree. 25th is a low pick as far as the first round goes.

That's not to say I would not pick up the phone and listen to a very aggressive offer (depending on what's on the board when it's my turn), but I certainly wouldn't go into this draft with the specific, pre-set plan of looking for trade-downs.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 18, 2023, 10:16:09 AMDon't forget OBJ to round out the dependable crew.
The one Smart, Tough, Dependable FA that we had in Love was the one guy we didn't bring back lol.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 18, 2023, 09:59:35 AMNeed a starting DE, MLB, CB, S, 3rd Edge, Center, #2 back, and still probably an X Wr and a Punter. Lots of holes. I also personally think we need a nickel corner too as I don't like Holmes there and he's on his final year.

One of the things that gives the old saying, "hope rings eternal", is that we should have a healthy Beavers, Ojulari, and Robinson back...all who show excellent promise. Plus we get a whole year of Bellinger (who should thrive alongside Waller who will be the focus of defenses). And maybe with a little luck, Ezuedu is 100% and is everything the FO thought he'd be (solid OG, swing OT). And Neal takes the big step towards becoming an All Pro type RT

We did pretty dang good last year considering our injuries, significant ones at that  ~X(  Meanwhile, the Eagles (strutting their prowress and lighting a fire under their obnoxious fans  :drunk: ) were top of the charts for having the least amount of injuries. Such a big factor in the NFL. Maybe a little luck will fall our way for change and we will be a team with the least amount of injuries

Bottom line: we have some top shelf talent if healthy. We need depth in case it's another injury plagued year :(
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jclayton92

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 18, 2023, 10:23:02 AMOne of the things that gives the old saying, "hope rings eternal", is that we should have a healthy Beavers, Ojulari, and Robinson back...all who show excellent promise. Plus we get a whole year of Bellinger (who should thrive alongside Waller who will be the focus of defenses). And maybe with a little luck, Ezuedu is 100% and is everything the FO thought he'd be (solid OG, swing OT). And Neal takes the big step towards becoming an All Pro type RT

We did pretty dang good last year considering our injuries, significant ones at that  ~X(  Meanwhile, the Eagles (strutting their prowress and lighting a fire under their obnoxious fans  :drunk: ) were top of the charts for having the least amount of injuries. Such a big factor in the NFL. Maybe a little luck will fall our way for change and we will be a team with the least amount of injuries

Bottom line: we have some top shelf talent if healthy. We need depth in case it's another injury plagued year :(
Ojulari I'll give you but Belton was benched this past season for Pinnock. Ezeudu while playing decent occasionally will likely be a backup unless we can't find a center they move Brederson to center. Robinson seemed uncomfortable at boundary before getting injured and has been a walking injury, same thing with Elerson Smith at DE. Beavers flashed in training camp but missed his rookie season. So hopefully we get those guys back healthy but to assume any of them is a productive or high level starter based on what we saw last season would be hoping for a lot in my opinion.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 18, 2023, 10:31:24 AMOjulari I'll give you but Belton was benched this past season for Pinnock. Ezeudu while playing decent occasionally will likely be a backup unless we can't find a center they move Brederson to center. Robinson seemed uncomfortable at boundary before getting injured and has been a walking injury, same thing with Elerson Smith at DE. Beavers flashed in training camp but missed his rookie season. So hopefully we get those guys back healthy but to assume any of them is a productive or high level starter based on what we saw last season would be hoping for a lot in my opinion.

Ojulari is top shelf when healthy. Thibadeaux looks real good, but he only got 4 sacks in 14 games...Ojulari got 5.5 sacks in only 7 games. We take Ojulari for granted some times, but if he's healthy, he's a friggin monster on the field. I didn't mention Belton, but I did mention Beavers who I think will be good. Aaron Robinson has been put in the nickle back position (as far as I know) and only used in the boundary when short-handed. He has shown excellent tackling when on the field. He's still very young and the best of him is yet to come...IMHO

Bottom line: we should be getting guys back this coming season who were part-time players due to injury. We simply must beat the injury bug. If we can do that, no telling what this team could do

killarich

I said a 2nd round pick

If all tier 1 players on Giants board are gone by 25 and a team with a pick in the 30's maybe early 40s is willing to give that pick AND a 3rd rounder or maybe even a second rounder for next year ...it can be a no brainer if all tier 1 players are considered gone

I'm just brainstorming

I wouldn't even be against trading higher into the first round

killarich

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 18, 2023, 10:31:24 AMOjulari I'll give you but Belton was benched this past season for Pinnock. Ezeudu while playing decent occasionally will likely be a backup unless we can't find a center they move Brederson to center. Robinson seemed uncomfortable at boundary before getting injured and has been a walking injury, same thing with Elerson Smith at DE. Beavers flashed in training camp but missed his rookie season. So hopefully we get those guys back healthy but to assume any of them is a productive or high level starter based on what we saw last season would be hoping for a lot in my opinion.

I liked Pinnock , was a different type of safety though then Love

I hope Robinson turns into something .... But he already tore his ACL and I didn't get any good feelings about the kid ...... I feel like he may be a 500-600 yard a season guy

I could be and I hope I'm completely wrong on that front

I like bredeson .... I thought he looked very good at LG ....

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: killarich on March 18, 2023, 11:01:50 AMI liked Pinnock , was a different type of safety though then Love

I hope Robinson turns into something .... But he already tore his ACL and I didn't get any good feelings about the kid ...... I feel like he may be a 500-600 yard a season guy

My bad  :doh:

I was talking about Aaron Robinson in my diatribe. Forgot we had two Robinsons on the team. When talking "boundary", I was thinking CB. I think he's going to be our Nickle if he's back to full health

True Blue

Not many rosters are 90+% loaded with top 96 picks

Jclayton92

Quote from: killarich on March 18, 2023, 11:01:50 AMI liked Pinnock , was a different type of safety though then Love

Yeah I was referring to Aaron Robinson, I thought they should have left him at nickel.

londonblue

The 10 picks is misleading. We have 3 in top 89 and then a bunch of low value darts (6 from 160 onwards).

There are arguably only 15-20 people with a genuine R1 grade. Trading away our 100 limits our ability to trade up so if we are sat at 25 and do not have a strong first round grade on anyone but someone else does so offers us a chance to move back to early day 2 and add an extra top 100 pick I would fully expect Schoen to jump at the chance.

I can also see us trying to use some of that day 3 draft 'capital' in a trade for a mid-level veteran at a thin position for us who is being supplanted by a high pick elsewhere.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.