News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Isaiah Hodgins and new group

Started by killarich, March 18, 2023, 09:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViewFromSection129

Quote from: Giant Jim on March 18, 2023, 09:42:32 AMWhy should they trade back? They already have 10 or 11 picks. They need good players, not 4th rounders that play special teams and only stay 3 years.

Skill players aren't going to help much until they get quality interior offensive linemen. They now also need a safety to go along with a CB on defense. Could use some LB's too.

I have nothing to say on your post, but I love your profile picture.  I had the same poster on my wall as a kid.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: londonblue on March 18, 2023, 12:31:50 PMThe 10 picks is misleading. We have 3 in top 89 and then a bunch of low value darts (6 from 160 onwards).

Agreed. We have three 7th rounders. The likelihood of even one of those making the team is low. More likely that one or two of them are part of an in-draft trade package to move either up or down.

bamagiantfan

I still think there is a WR coming in the first few picks. Just to add some talent and youth to the mix under a rookie contract for 2-3 few years.

As far as trading up, seventh Round picks don't typically get you much more in a trade than better position in the 7th round or late 6th. I expect a couple of those late round picks to be RBs.

There are only 3 on the roster right now and Barkley will make 4 when he signs. Barkley is the starter, Breida the backup, with Brightwell and his two carries per game while he serves mostly as a Special Teams player. Corbin is the only competition and that is probably for Brightwell's work or additional Special Teams support. The Giants are one injury away from a problem and most teams bring 6-7 RBs to camp. A couple of rookie 7th rounders make sense on the cheap. It is also hard to entice a free agent when your starter is on a franchise tag.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)