News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Okereke Contract Details

Started by jgrangers2, March 18, 2023, 07:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Makes sense. He's a proven solid player and he's young so I don't mind backloading it in this manner.

jgrangers2

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 18, 2023, 08:26:13 PMMakes sense. He's a proven solid player and he's young so I don't mind backloading it in this manner.

Yeah. Easily the most important FA they've brought in so far during Schoen's tenure. Makes sense that he's the one with the greatest long-term commitment.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: jgrangers2 on March 18, 2023, 08:33:14 PMYeah. Easily the most important FA they've brought in so far during Schoen's tenure. Makes sense that he's the one with the greatest long-term commitment.

And yet, they have a relatively easy out after 2 years - 6 million dead cap if he gets cut in 2025 and 3 million if he gets cut in 2026.  I like how Schoen is structuring these contracts.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 18, 2023, 08:26:13 PMMakes sense. He's a proven solid player and he's young so I don't mind backloading it in this manner.
Though it does make Dru Tranquil and TJ Edwards seem like steals.

Gmo11

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 18, 2023, 10:28:27 PMThough it does make Dru Tranquil and TJ Edwards seem like steals.

Probably had to go a little higher than they would have liked once the bears swooped in and grabbed Edmunds and Edwards both. After Okereke the pickings became pretty slim.

nb587

Is he the only free agent/player traded for, who does not have significant injury history? 

Jclayton92

Quote from: nb587 on March 18, 2023, 11:44:53 PMIs he the only free agent/player traded for, who does not have significant injury history? 
pretty much