News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

DJ working out at QB Country

Started by ozzie, March 19, 2023, 09:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozzie

"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

EDjohnst1981

Is this a new approach for Jones or is starting this early his normal approach?

MightyGiants

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on March 19, 2023, 09:48:40 AMIs this a new approach for Jones or is starting this early his normal approach?

I would say this is normal for DJ, which is remarkable in his own right.  Many players that suddenly come into serious wealth take time off to celebrate, not DJ.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Yeah he always works out at Qb country, not really a fan of those guys, wish he worked out elsewhere.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 19, 2023, 11:20:53 AMYeah he always works out at Qb country, not really a fan of those guys, wish he worked out elsewhere.

Jess,

Could you elaborate on your thoughts about this

Thanks, I am interested
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ozzie

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 19, 2023, 11:23:44 AMJess,

Thanks, I am interested

Me too, as I know nothing about them or how they go about their business.
Thanks
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."

John Mara

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 19, 2023, 11:23:44 AMJess,

Thanks, I am interested
QB country isn't some sophisticated place were they genuinely refine your mechanics, work on your issues and make you better.

It's really started as a boys club for Ole Miss Qbs that were there in the David Cuttcliff Era of Ole Miss football when Eli was the QB and stayed that way for a long time until they decided to make it a business and a lot of the teachers there are failed Qbs or former Ole Miss Qbs, plus some Duke guys. Look at their Web site, all their Qbs they train aren't good or at the very least haven't gotten significantly better. Not to say it's horrible but it isn't where I would want my franchise QB spending his offseasons.

If I was Daboll I'm calling Jordan Palmer like he did for Allen and having Palmer and his summit group work with Jones every offseason going forward. Palmer I know spends his offseasons now with Lawrence, Allen, and Burrow but I think Burrow might not be there this offseason.

Again just a preference, but we want Jones getting better, and I don't think he's doing that in Mobile.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 19, 2023, 01:41:05 PMQB country isn't some sophisticated place were they genuinely refine your mechanics, work on your issues and make you better.

It's really started as a boys club for Ole Miss Qbs that were there in the David Cuttcliff Era of Ole Miss football when Eli was the QB and stayed that way for a long time until they decided to make it a business and a lot of the teachers there are failed Qbs or former Ole Miss Qbs, plus some Duke guys. Look at their Web site, all their Qbs they train aren't good or at the very least haven't gotten significantly better. Not to say it's horrible but it isn't where I would want my franchise QB spending his offseasons.

If I was Daboll I'm calling Jordan Palmer like he did for Allen and having Palmer and his summit group work with Jones every offseason going forward. Palmer I know spends his offseasons now with Lawrence, Allen, and Burrow but I think Burrow might not be there this offseason.

Again just a preference, but we want Jones getting better, and I don't think he's doing that in Mobile.

Thanks, that is interesting
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ozzie

Thanks for the info.
It's still better than having him fly off to Vegas for a bender or something, haha. At least he's putting in some reps.

John Mara