News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The LT market was just set

Started by MightyGiants, March 19, 2023, 10:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I still can't believe we passed on this guy because he took a bong hit in high school.

uconnjack8

There does seem to be a trend of 60+% guaranteed money and shorter contracts.

True Blue

About what was expected with the always rising top contract dollars, I am imagining Dex will also command north lf $20M

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TrueBlueFan on March 19, 2023, 10:46:57 AMAbout what was expected with the always rising top contract dollars, I am imagining Dex will also command north lf $20M

No question he will. I mean Leo makes north of $20m, and Leo signed his contract at the end of the 2020 season, when the cap was much lower. Plus Dexter is better than Leo anyway.

I think we're looking at a minimum of $50mm total AAV for Dex and Thomas, and I absolutely believe we should pay that or whatever it takes. They are both top players at key positions, and they are both 25 or younger. You don't scrimp on these types of players. If the Giants can't keep both of them they've done something very wrong elsewhere with respect to whom they're paying and how much.

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 19, 2023, 10:15:36 AMI still can't believe we passed on this guy because he took a bong hit in high school.
Its the Ole Miss environment, everyone parties hard bur they have some studs. Even Eli Manning was arrested at ole miss.

gregf

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 19, 2023, 11:06:08 AMIts the Ole Miss environment, everyone parties hard bur they have some studs. Even Eli Manning was arrested at ole miss.
Passed on him for Apple.   I nearly threw my phone.   

Ed Vette

If you want good players you have to pay them or draft their eventual replacements and trade them for draft picks like that Pats did in their wonder years.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

Quote from: gregf on March 19, 2023, 12:30:58 PMPassed on him for Apple.   I nearly threw my phone.   
I agree, I even wanted Treadwell before Apple.