News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NYG makes the 33rd Team's week one FA winners list

Started by MightyGiants, March 19, 2023, 10:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Good to be recognized by these guys, as they have plenty of NFL experience in their team.

As for the Eagles, they made some good signings of their guys, but at least they have net-lost players. While I'm sure they'll still be good next year, it's hard to see how they'll be as good as 2022.

londonblue

The Eagles draft in 2022 anticipated some of their 2023 losses. Roseman has a very integrated approach to roster building.

There are signs Schoen has a similar approach but he was working under such duress in FA & draft last year given our roster and cap mess we will get a much better feel this year.

I will be watching to see if he drafts:
3/5 Tech anticipating Leo departing
CB re Adoree (two given need!)
C anticipating needing a 2024 starter (I am assuming Mongo returns for 2023 until proven otherwise)
RB with Saquon assuming no extension pre-draft
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

MightyGiants

Quote from: londonblue on March 19, 2023, 12:36:24 PMThe Eagles draft in 2022 anticipated some of their 2023 losses. Roseman has a very integrated approach to roster building.

There are signs Schoen has a similar approach but he was working under such duress in FA & draft last year given our roster and cap mess we will get a much better feel this year.

I will be watching to see if he drafts:
3/5 Tech anticipating Leo departing
CB re Adoree (two given need!)
C anticipating needing a 2024 starter (I am assuming Mongo returns for 2023 until proven otherwise)
RB with Saquon assuming no extension pre-draft

Excellent point, Neal.   Teams don't just draft for year one
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Painter

Unlike the Eagles, the Giants retained or at least still have their two very skillful Coordinators: Kafka and Wink. And the benefit of the experience and continuity which comes with them.

Cheers!