News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

RB Athletic Archetype Guide: New York Giants

Started by MightyGiants, March 19, 2023, 10:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 19, 2023, 10:30:35 AMThis is a long and excellent read.

https://www.the33rdteam.com/category/fantasy/rb-athletic-archetype-guide-new-york-giants/

Rich - maybe I am wrong but I see a two flaws in this piece.  First Schoen inherited many of the RBs at different places he has worked so for the article to suggest he was drawn to their physical attributes seems incorrect.

Second it lists all these individual NFL RB metrics (e.g. Breida's 10 yard time) then says these are metric results he will want.  They dont empirically connect the dots because if you look at all the RBs they list as having played for Schoen, the range of physical metrics is broadly distributed.  He does not show a consistent pattern of acquiring sub 4.45 40 RBs or under 205 pounds.  So to suggest a certain type based in metrics seems flawed.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on March 19, 2023, 12:04:30 PMRich - maybe I am wrong but I see a two flaws in this piece.  First Schoen inherited many of the RBs at different places he has worked so for the article to suggest he was drawn to their physical attributes seems incorrect.

Second it lists all these individual NFL RB metrics (e.g. Breida's 10 yard time) then says these are metric results he will want.  They dont empirically connect the dots because if you look at all the RBs they list as having played for Schoen, the range of physical metrics is broadly distributed.  He does not show a consistent pattern of acquiring sub 4.45 40 RBs or under 205 pounds.  So to suggest a certain type based in metrics seems flawed.

Joe,

You could be right.  They did give a list of RB prospects that fit the prototype.  I guess we will see if the Giants RB is drafted, if he is on their list
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

My point is that I dont think Schoen had demonstrated a prototype. 

Jclayton92

Quote from: Philosophers on March 19, 2023, 03:26:27 PMMy point is that I dont think Schoen had demonstrated a prototype. 
The problem is that every RB that Beane has drafted while Schoen was there never panned out. The backs they've inherited were good but when they replaced them, it didn't go so well.

Also in that article they basically listed every top 10 RB in this draft lol.

Philosophers

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 19, 2023, 03:46:15 PMThe problem is that every RB that Beane has drafted while Schoen was there never panned out. The backs they've inherited were good but when they replaced them, it didn't go so well.

Also in that article they basically listed every top 10 RB in this draft lol.

Kind of my conclusion as well.  No pattern of Derrick Henry types or Dave Meggett types.