News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Last year Giants who are still free agents

Started by MightyGiants, March 20, 2023, 10:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

https://twitter.com/LicensePlateGuy/status/1637817910318997505

Oshane Ximines Edge
Marcus Johnson WR
Tony Jefferson S/LB
Richie James WR
Jon Feliciano C
Fabian Moreau CB
Landon Collins S/LB
Jaylon Smith MLB
Justin Ellis DI
Nick Williams DI
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

I expect a couple will be signed (Feliciano?, Moreau?) while so of the others probably won't get any takers until after the draft  :-??
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 20, 2023, 10:18:07 AMI expect a couple will be signed (Feliciano?, Moreau?) while so of the others probably won't get any takers until after the draft  :-??

Based on what the Giants have done so far, I think that they may be happier at CB than we, the fans, are.   Perhaps Robinson is healthier than we know or they really like Nick McCloud.  They could be content to add the young CB they have in for a visit and also add day 1 or 2 in the draft.

I am a bit puzzled by Feliciano.  I would have thought they would have signed him already.  If they don't sign him then the Giants will have serious issues at center unless they think the 34 center from TN is an alternative 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 20, 2023, 10:22:58 AMBased on what the Giants have done so far, I think that they may be happier at CB than we, the fans, are.   Perhaps Robinson is healthier than we know or they really like Nick McCloud.  They could be content to add the young CB they have in for a visit and also add day 1 or 2 in the draft.

I am a bit puzzled by Feliciano.  I would have thought they would have signed him already.  If they don't sign him then the Giants will have serious issues at center unless they think the 34 center from TN is an alternative 
They may be content with Ezeudu at LG and Brederson at center.

andrew_nyGiants

I want Moreau back....not high on any of the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 20, 2023, 10:22:58 AMBased on what the Giants have done so far, I think that they may be happier at CB than we, the fans, are.  Perhaps Robinson is healthier than we know or they really like Nick McCloud.  They could be content to add the young CB they have in for a visit and also add day 1 or 2 in the draft.

I thought they'd have locked up Feliciano by now as well  :-??

One oft overlooked CB that showed flashes last year is Zyon Gilbert. He came in raw as sashimi. 6'1" and lean - a little too lean. Needs to add a few pounds of muscle. But he's fast (4.4/40 at his pro day) and smart...and physical, some say "a baller". You cannot teach "long with speed" or "football smarts". Having come from small school Florida Atlantic (well, not small, but unheralded in the college football scene [C-USA]), he flew under the radar and got zero press. Could be one of the diamonds in the rough. We have the right coaches to groom him into a player
https://www.upressonline.com/2022/04/nfl-draft-analysis-cornerback-zyon-gilbert/

He made some nice plays last year, and a couple of times he was even impressive. I'd like to know what the coaches think of him. If they are high on him, that might explain why they aren't all over CBs in FA

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 20, 2023, 11:34:00 AMI thought they'd have locked up Feliciano by now as well  :-??

One oft overlooked CB that showed flashes last year is Zyon Gilbert. He came in raw as sashimi. 6'1" and lean - a little too lean. Needs to add a few pounds of muscle. But he's fast (4.4/40 at his pro day) and smart...and physical, some say "a baller". You cannot teach "long with speed" or "football smarts". Having come from small school Florida Atlantic (well, not small, but unheralded in the college football scene [C-USA]), he flew under the radar and got zero press. Could be one of the diamonds in the rough. We have the right coaches to groom him into a player
https://www.upressonline.com/2022/04/nfl-draft-analysis-cornerback-zyon-gilbert/

He made some nice plays last year, and a couple of times he was even impressive. I'd like to know what the coaches think of him. If they are high on him, that might explain why they aren't all over CBs in FA

I think 25-year-old Nick McCloud is another CB NYG is high on
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

True Blue

The fact that they have not resigned Feliciano, with no center on the roster, and no other signed, and with them looking at Brendal, I have to believe they have no interest in bringing him back, especially after Gates was no longer an option no less.

No idea what their plan is, but it does appear he is not a part of it. Maybe that changes idk

Jclayton92

I like Gilbert and Flott a ton. I know we need a number 2 corner but I'm not fond of Holmes in the slot either.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 20, 2023, 12:46:58 PMI like Gilbert and Flott a ton. I know we need a number 2 corner but I'm not fond of Holmes in the slot either.

Yeah, Holmes has been an exploitable weakness for the past couple of years
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

President Rick

sounds like you guys think we may go C/G in rd. 1 rather than CB.  I'd be ok with that if we go CB asap after that.  We need a starter at both C and CB.  As for Holmes, as I have often stated, he's a liability in coverage, but why not try him at safety [we've lost Love and holmes is a decent tackler]. 
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

MightyGiants

Quote from: President Rick on March 20, 2023, 01:09:25 PMsounds like you guys think we may go C/G in rd. 1 rather than CB.  I'd be ok with that if we go CB asap after that.  We need a starter at both C and CB.  As for Holmes, as I have often stated, he's a liability in coverage, but why not try him at safety [we've lost Love and holmes is a decent tackler]. 

I would only be okay with a center in round one if the Giants trade down to the bottom of round one or the top of round 2.   25 is a bit rich for any of the centers in this draft class (in my opinion)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Yeah I think there will be really good talent left at 25, to good to waste that pick on a center.

Jolly Blue Giant

I suspect we won't address the center position until the third round. Unless John Michael Schmitz is still there in the second round. Really can't seeing them going for a Center in the first round

I see them going with a stud WR or DT in round one, then maybe CB (Kelee Ringo, Emmanuel Forbes?), then get a center. But who knows, whatever happens in the first will dictate the rest of the draft. If some highly ranked player that isn't a specific need is sitting there, I suspect that's who we'll grab. And that will determine the rest of the draft IMO

nb587

According to Ranaan's latest podcast, unless I misheard, they're penciling in Bredeson as the starting LG.  Not sure what that means for Ezeudu.  If you look at the latest Giants depth chart on BBI, Lemieux is the starting LG and Bredeson is the starting center.  But they also have Bellinger starting as TE, and Aaron Robinson as RCB.  i'm guessing its signed players only although Barkley is starting andes not signed