News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Running on Empty: Why Running Backs Have Been Devalued in the NFL

Started by MightyGiants, April 20, 2023, 10:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

President Rick

based on this article, we should be paying SB no more than 4 million, probably a lot less, or maybe should have simply let him go onto the open market.  not sure I agree in his case, but in general the article makes sense in a league with a salary cap.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Ed Vette

Bring Kareem Hunt in for a visit and see how fast Saquon Barkley comes back to the table.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Slugsy-Narrows

SB needs to take a long hard look in the mirror and have a come to Jesus meeting with himself.

He and his agent/team overestimated the market (in our favor) and declined what is now an overpaid high prices out of market offer.

IF he is smart, he crawls back to the Giants and negotiated a FAIR market deal!  He then tells his agent - GO AND GET ME EVERY AND ANY ENDORSEMENT POSSIBLE!!!!  He then markets himself and leveraged the NY market to offset the difference!

Or he risks going to a market with less profile and making again market value with less exposure! 

This RB market isn't turning around in 1 season!  If anything next year he is a year older and worth less and even less if he gets injured or his numbers drop off! 

I get it, he is sour but it's not on the Giants, it's on him and his team, he needs to get over it and do what's right for him now long term!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on April 21, 2023, 07:55:27 AMSB needs to take a long hard look in the mirror and have a come to Jesus meeting with himself.

He and his agent/team overestimated the market (in our favor) and declined what is now an overpaid high prices out of market offer.

IF he is smart, he crawls back to the Giants and negotiated a FAIR market deal!  He then tells his agent - GO AND GET ME EVERY AND ANY ENDORSEMENT POSSIBLE!!!!  He then markets himself and leveraged the NY market to offset the difference!

Or he risks going to a market with less profile and making again market value with less exposure! 

This RB market isn't turning around in 1 season!  If anything next year he is a year older and worth less and even less if he gets injured or his numbers drop off! 

I get it, he is sour but it's not on the Giants, it's on him and his team, he needs to get over it and do what's right for him now long term!

From what I could find on the internet, Barkley is making around $10 million a year in endorsements

https://www.marca.com/en/lifestyle/celebrity-net-worth/2022/08/27/630a24e522601d913b8b4598.html
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE