News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Founder of AI urges to Shut it All Down

Started by brownelvis54, May 02, 2023, 04:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

Lots of talk on AI and to me it dosent sound good. My first thought is if so many are talking about it...perhaps it too late. Once the cat is out of the bag, you cant put it back.

To visualize a hostile superhuman AI, don't imagine a lifeless book-smart thinker dwelling inside the internet and sending ill-intentioned emails. Visualize an entire alien civilization, thinking at millions of times human speeds, initially confined to computers—in a world of creatures that are, from its perspective, very stupid and very slow. A sufficiently intelligent AI won't stay confined to computers for long. In today's world you can email DNA strings to laboratories that will produce proteins on demand, allowing an AI initially confined to the internet to build artificial life forms or bootstrap straight to postbiological molecular manufacturing.

https://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1330039/pg1

AND

https://news.yahoo.com/godfather-ai-warns-bad-actors-183332773.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

The KING is in the building

brownelvis54

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

brownelvis54

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 02, 2023, 05:53:20 PMJust need oversight and parameters.

Ed if you read some of the articles or watch the video...your idea is discussed. Here in the USA you have various companies trying to out do each other and racing to get this stuff out. Add the fact that this is happening globally. How do you enforce regulations, parameters and who does the oversighting? Just type in " AI Chat" on the app store on your cell phone...there are several of them already. And that's small potatoes compared to what is being down on a larger scale all around the world

Ed Vette

Quote from: brownelvis54 on May 02, 2023, 08:38:40 PMEd if you read some of the articles or watch the video...your idea is discussed. Here in the USA you have various companies trying to out do each other and racing to get this stuff out. Add the fact that this is happening globally. How do you enforce regulations, parameters and who does the oversighting? Just type in " AI Chat" on the app store on your cell phone...there are several of them already. And that's small potatoes compared to what is being down on a larger scale all around the world

https://open.spotify.com/episode/41RxLAMSdaAd97OAFEpG3H?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: brownelvis54 on May 02, 2023, 08:38:40 PMEd if you read some of the articles or watch the video...your idea is discussed. Here in the USA you have various companies trying to out do each other and racing to get this stuff out. Add the fact that this is happening globally. How do you enforce regulations, parameters and who does the oversighting? Just type in " AI Chat" on the app store on your cell phone...there are several of them already. And that's small potatoes compared to what is being down on a larger scale all around the world
https://youtu.be/oO8w6XcXJUs
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

brownelvis54

Ed.... I really enjoyed that clip on Elon musk.... I only wish it talk more about AI. I would love to have asked them. How do you regulate on a global scale? 

Michio Kaku is one of my favorite physicist. I can't wait to listen to that.

Ed Vette

Quote from: brownelvis54 on May 03, 2023, 10:57:16 PMEd.... I really enjoyed that clip on Elon musk.... I only wish it talk more about AI. I would love to have asked them. How do you regulate on a global scale? 

Michio Kaku is one of my favorite physicist. I can't wait to listen to that.
I highly recommend the podcast. So much was discussed about quantum computers and AI.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

brownelvis54

You can forward to about 25:00 to hear about AI....honestly the whole video is very interesting

https://youtu.be/aokwKFzbt2Y

MightyGiants

There are always going to be people who are afraid of new technology.  Look at the last line of this sign I saw in an old house.

For those who can't make out the last line, it says- "The use of Electricity for lighting is in no way harmful to health, nor does it affect the soundness of sleep"
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

BluesCruz

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 02, 2023, 05:53:20 PMJust need oversight and parameters.

thats the whole point of super intelligence

it will anticipate any attempt you make to block it or shut it down......it will be 47 million moves ahead of your every effort

what they are attempting to do is "train it" using teams of humans to invoke good dog bad dog instructions to every inquiry response,,,,,,very naive if you ask me

our best hope is its goals align with ours, again doubtful as we constantly war with each other and cannot agree upon anything beyond Pamela Anderson and Ariana Grande are beautiful.

The other thing emerging is the USA is losing its grip on the planet.  In the new world order, China no doubt will be the big dog on the block.  See the Youtube videos on the subject by Ray Diallo of Bridgewater Investments.

Defaulting on our debt, if we do, will accelerate changes very very fast.

Diallo predicted the coming of the "Strongmen" running the world. We see that now...  Super Intelligence will quickly brush them aside.

Im confident at 76 I wont live to see the coming monster changes, or perhaps it will accelerate and I will

I can feel the tremors now.  Basically all my life the USA has been in charge and all has been predictable, the only robot of consequence has been the helpful tool the Iphone- now what?

Musk is sounding the alarm bells and at the same time plans to build billions of Huminoid Slave Robots- Gee thanks for the warning Elon
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Ed Vette

Quote from: BluesCruz on May 15, 2023, 12:23:21 PMthats the whole point of super intelligence

it will anticipate any attempt you make to block it or shut it down......it will be 47 million moves ahead of your every effort

what they are attempting to do is "train it" using teams of humans to invoke good dog bad dog instructions to every inquiry response,,,,,,very naive if you ask me

our best hope is its goals align with ours, again doubtful as we constantly war with each other and cannot agree upon anything beyond Pamela Anderson and Ariana Grande are beautiful.

The other thing emerging is the USA is losing its grip on the planet.  In the new world order, China no doubt will be the big dog on the block.  See the Youtube videos on the subject by Ray Diallo of Bridgewater Investments.

Defaulting on our debt, if we do, will accelerate changes very very fast.

Diallo predicted the coming of the "Strongmen" running the world. We see that now...  Super Intelligence will quickly brush them aside.

Im confident at 76 I wont live to see the coming monster changes, or perhaps it will accelerate and I will

I can feel the tremors now.  Basically all my life the USA has been in charge and all has been predictable, the only robot of consequence has been the helpful tool the Iphone- now what?

Musk is sounding the alarm bells and at the same time plans to build billions of Huminoid Slave Robots- Gee thanks for the warning Elon
That would require AI to develop into sentient self aware beings with emotion. It would require a self sustainable power source.

Quantum Computing developed over the next decade is going to be a game changer for technology and it's going to eventually propel us into huge strides in medicine, energy and all fields. Once we as a civilization develop technology to the point where we can reverse and master gravity, it opens us up the the vastness of the universe where there will be unlimited abundance. It will end all wars and it will eliminate religion that controls us.

The greatest intelligence of all is what created all and the eventuality we will be extending life and the development of the human brain and central nervous system. Some day incorporating us long with Android bodies. The next thousand years is going to be the greatest leap forward as long as we do not face a cataclysmic event that resets us back to Hunter-Gatherers similar to what happened 12800 year's ago during the Younger Dryas.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin