News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

"Succession" Finale -- SPOILERS WITHIN!!

Started by DaveBrown74, May 29, 2023, 06:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED ALL SEASONS OF "SUCCESSION" THROUGH THE FINALE:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could have posted in the "What are we watching" thread, but I decided to just make a thread. I don't expect it to last long, but I just wanted to get people's thoughts on the finale.

I thought it was an outstanding episode. Tying these shows up well is so difficult. I think these guys nailed it. Jeremy Strong was superb in this episode. What an emotional roller coaster he had to portray. Culkin's character is extremely difficult to play, and while I can't stand the character, I have to say Culkin does a great job with it.

One thing I was curious about. Does anyone think there was an element to Shiv's final decision of wanting to get back together with Tom? Earlier in the episode, she asks him if they have a future, and he is non-committal about it at best. Maybe by effectively handing him the CEO role with her swing vote, she realized this was probably the only way they could be together? Or was it just purely her dislike of Kendall?