News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Which position or unit seems most improved?

Started by MightyGiants, June 02, 2023, 08:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which unit or position seems most improved?

MightyGiants

This is an "on paper" question.   Which unit seems most improved?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Sem

If Waller can remain healthy I think it's TE. He should add a lot to what the offense can do.

kingm56

Quote from: Sem on June 02, 2023, 11:34:12 AMIf Waller can remain healthy I think it's TE. He should add a lot to what the offense can do.

I voted for the same, Sem. Also, a healthy Daniel B should also bolster this unit. Considering how much the Giants like to throw short routes, quality TE play is fairly important. 

DaveBrown74

I totally get voting TE and I almost did it in myself. In terms of added proven talent, IMO that's the right answer.

I went with OC though, just because I thought our guy last year was bad, and we are getting a guy who I firmly believe will be at least "decent", if not better or even significantly better than that. So I feel like it's a bigger jump than the TE position, where we already had a pretty good player last year in Bellinger.

londonblue

I went Corner. Banks will inevitably have some rookie inconsistencies but he will make plays that impact the game which is a step up as CB2 was terrible last year, protected by Wink's schemes. I also expect Flott to win the nickel/slot role and be an equally big upgrade on the turnstile that is Darnay Holmes.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

kingm56

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on June 02, 2023, 02:15:32 PMI totally get voting TE and I almost did it in myself. In terms of added proven talent, IMO that's the right answer.

I went with OC though, just because I thought our guy last year was bad, and we are getting a guy who I firmly believe will be at least "decent", if not better or even significantly better than that. So I feel like it's a bigger jump than the TE position, where we already had a pretty good player last year in Bellinger.

I almost went C too, my friend. What tipped the scale for me was Bellinger injury.  Getting him back at full strength, coupled with the acquisition of a legit pass-catcher tipped the scales for me.  Still, I appreciate and agree with everything you typed.

BluesCruz

Brining in one tight end who has an injury history, as good as he has been elsewhere in the past
I dont know if that totally shores up the position

I voted for WR

We are not going to catch Philly in a flash, but we are making incremental gains IMHO

It all depends on Jones and his Oline continuting to improve.....the rest we can deal with

It was as if Gettleman handed Schoen a promising ball of clay and was told by Mara- here make something out of this.  You can begin to see the outlines of a contender

Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"