News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

More Bill Barnwell (ESPN) on the Giants' (and Vikings') 2023 outlook

Started by DaveBrown74, June 06, 2023, 05:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZGiantFan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on June 06, 2023, 05:39:24 PMThis guy clearly doesn't think much of our team, but some fair points are made here IMO:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37800053/can-giants-vikings-repeat-2022-success-brian-daboll-kevin-oconnell-2023

I can't take anyone seriously who claims that Washington had the best off-season because Dan Snyder sold (actually is in the process of selling) the team. 

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

DaveBrown74

Quote from: AZGiantFan on June 06, 2023, 08:44:47 PMI can't take anyone seriously who claims that Washington had the best off-season because Dan Snyder sold (actually is in the process of selling) the team. 

Did you disagree with anything he said about the Giants?

AZGiantFan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on June 06, 2023, 09:23:07 PMDid you disagree with anything he said about the Giants?

You know, it is really annoying when I make a point about one thing and you  to deflect or minimize my point by asking me something else.  I'm allowed to make the point I want to make and ignore things I choose to ignore.  This is the second time you've pulled this and I really hope there isn't a third time.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Ed Vette

As I started reading the article I groaned and almost left. As it turned out, he covered a lot of ground and made some very good points that we and I know I have made here. The Giants had luck on their side. Daboll minimized turnovers with a conservative Offensive game plan and even Wink was conservative in some situations where Wink bit his lip. The Giants won games by close margin and some second half comebacks.

But the Giants also lost their QB's one game and Daboll had to break out the Etch a sketch and pull wildcat out his butt. They also lost a game on two muffed punt returns. They added a Center, Top Receiver and CB in the draft and added speed all over. The HC and Coordinators are among the best trio in the league.

I think the only thing that would hold them back is their difficult schedule, injuries which they faced the last several years and not quite yet being there in talent.

Interesting article though. Thanks for posting it.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin