News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT - NY Knicks - 2023-2024

Started by Philosophers, July 01, 2023, 09:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on January 29, 2024, 07:06:40 PMI've got the game on right now and will watch Achiuwa carefully. Seen as a "throw in" in the OG trade, he might be much more than that. He's young, drafted two years ago by Miami, then shipped to Toronto's bench. He hasn't been in a place where opportunity for him exists. Tonight he gets to start on the court of his dreams. I hope he shines

Looks like OG is out with an injury now.

No Randle for a few weeks is one thing. But no OG and no Randle will make it harder to win games consistently. Hopefully OG is just a minor day to day thing.

nb587

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 29, 2024, 04:59:22 PMGood news on Randle. Looks like his injury is on the lower end of the range of outcomes from a severity standpoint.

His prognosis is "weeks, not months."

While there is nothing good about any injury, his absence may have a couple of silver linings to it:

(1) Randle is a very physical, hard-nosed player. In the past, he has tended to be nursing minor ailments and general pain come the postseason. Maybe 3-5 weeks off in the middle of the season isn't the worst thing in the world for him. Obviously he needs his shoulder to heal, but this might give the rest of his body a bit of a breather, and he'll be healthier (beyond the shoulder) when he comes back and perhaps healthier for the playoffs than in past years.

(2) Randle's absence will give some other players a chance to step up. I'm thinking chiefly of Achiuwa and Hart, but there may be others as well.

Bottom line this is very good news compared to concerns I had all day yesterday. I was worried he might be out for the season or at least for multiple months. Randle is a guy we absolutely need if we're to have a shot of pulling an upset against a top team in a playoff series.
Wasnt that long away that virtually everyone wanted him traded.

Jolly Blue Giant

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: nb587 on January 29, 2024, 07:09:34 PMWasnt that long away that virtually everyone wanted him traded.

He was close to untradable then. Now might be a different story.

BluesCruz

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on July 02, 2023, 03:07:51 PMI like the fact that the Knicks are staying the course, developing young talent, and not getting fooled into thinking a superstar free agent is the final piece of the puzzle. Signing Donte DiVincenzo is not a "huge" signing, but he's a young guy with a couple of specific traits (tough defensive player who will nail threes if left alone)

It gives us a bit of a glut with a foursome of undersized wings (IQ, Grimes, Hart, and now Divincenzo) and now we need a backup PF, which I suspect will happen in the near future with a trade or FA signing. Randle is an All-Star PF, but he goes down for spells with injuries, and we don't have a reliable backup to him. That is my only concern

I'm just happy they aren't chasing big names that cost big money and are usually past their prime. We've got a solid group of players 25 and younger with their best days ahead of them. Let them develop, and let them all rise to the top of their game together in the next couple of years. That plan might be "low-key", but it's the "high road", and smartest thing they can do IMO...which is a long time coming

I watched them beat Miami and Hart stood out to me and Brunson of course

DiVincenzo looked great in college but was shooting very poorly the other night but love his energy and defense

Looked like Randle hurt his shoulder or wrist badly.  Hope he is ok

He carried the team for so long he deserves to be there when they finally arrive

Curious to see if they can sustain this in the playoffs

It's been a long time since the Knicks were relevent. That's what is needed to attract a superstar big man
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Jolly Blue Giant

Well, 3rd qtr certainly wasn't ugly. Knicks have really turned it on...especially Brunson

Jolly Blue Giant

They are climbing the ladder...another rung

Upward and onward!

Messiah717

14-2 in January.  Absolutely red hot even now without Randle.

Rosehill Jimmy

The box score from tonight's game vs Jazz is a sight to behold
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Jolly Blue Giant

Divencenzo had a huge night

Knicks win, coupled with the 76'rs loss moves the Knicks up another rung

The Knicks are legit!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on January 31, 2024, 08:04:00 AMDivencenzo had a huge night

Knicks win, coupled with the 76'rs loss moves the Knicks up another rung

The Knicks are legit!

Sensational run!

Donte "The Big Ragu" DiVincenzo played like a superstar last night.

The Knicks are now only 1.5 back of the 2 seed, and they have a much better point differential than the Bucks. And they're totally depleted right now. Has there been a better 4-5 week run for this team since the 90s?

Seriously.

Messiah717

Nine in a row and a half game behind the Bucks. 

spiderblue43

Randle doesn't seem more than. 3 weeks out. Good news. Remember, it's his right shoulder and he's left- handed..OG? Not as serious or we've would have known by now. Brunson deserves MVP consideration. He had the 2nd best +- rating in January in NBA history. Trade deadline coming up need depth.  :yes:

Philosophers

This is pure insanity what the Knicks are doing.  Brunson owns NYC right now.  OG is the glue to this defensive intensity.  How is Leon Rose doing now? 

Jolly Blue Giant

What a show! Missing three starters and their current 6th man...no problem

If ever there was a "feel good night at the Garden", it was last night. The Knicks fought like dogs from the opening tip off to the final buzzer...and spent the entire game behind...but they kept fighting with an attitude that they just will not ever give up and will fight like hell to the last second. Brunson getting floored with a punch to the eye (no call???). Picks himself up with only the ability to see out of one eye, goes the length of the floor for a basket plus one to reclaim the lead  :o

Great line from the NY Post this morning: "this game (is)...easily accessible to study and admire, because it summarizes this team best. In the NBA, teams shrug their shoulders and accept the probability and inevitability of losing all the time. Right now, across a month and a day, the Knicks have simply chosen not to."

What a great night - this is a long time coming for Knicks' fans...they are definitely the talk of the town and the whole city is excited  :notworthy:  :cheers: