News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

A Brief Hiatus- At least until a Barkley decision is reached..

Started by Painter, July 09, 2023, 01:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Painter

I suppose that once you become troubled by something, there is risk of becoming oversensitive and perhaps then overreactive in that regard. What it is that has troubled me is the notion that what is stated to be the Home of the best-informed Giants fans would now be more accurately referred the Home of the most uninformed Giants fans.

By that I mean we seem to be devolving into self-absorbed and unnecessary judgements of matters for which we have no standing other than need to display our personal conceits for the benefit of the ignorant or less informed. As it were, I found the certain recent thread to be a perfect example of that.

I found the need to parrot and feature the notion that Daniel Jones may have opened his side's bidding-somehow higher we thought to be reasonable-to be irrelevant, worth no more than a yawn, and thus quite fatuous. It meant nothing and means nothing; is that not obvious?

And that wasn't all there was to it. How many lists and litanies of other QB's current and anticipated salaries, and their ranking/rating tiers- still being debated as if that actually matters, needed repeating, retelling, or readvising?

Indeed, the only thing that seems to have mattered within all those analyses, whatever may be our personal valuation of Daniel Jones, is that he asked for what? He thought he was worth $7 million more than the Giants paid him- or as some would say over-paid him? Don't think that will ever be forgotten.

Was I wrong to have dissented? Apparently so, and all the more so for having repeated myself in an increasingly harsh tone. However, I can assure you that it had nothing to do with fact that most folks don't bother to read the comments of others who have posted earlier unless they sense opposition, individually or commonly shared.

In this instance, it would be foolish of me to not recognize a broad consensus of disapproval, the weight of which seems to have caused Ed to resort to the unabridged use of the king of 4-letter words.

While I can understand that what I cannot understand or accept is any suggestion that I have or would ever question how he runs the forum. Or closes a thread to further comment

That said, I will take a hiatus for at least another week while I review/reconsider my point of view, and await Saquon's decision or the Giants decision if you prefer.

Cheers!