News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Guilty pleasure

Started by DaveBrown74, July 09, 2023, 06:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

What type of food or drink that perhaps isn't the healthiest do you have the biggest weakness for?

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 09, 2023, 06:21:52 PMWhat type of food or drink that perhaps isn't the healthiest do you have the biggest weakness for?

King Crab Legs slathered in clarified butter w/ a pint of Guinness (drawn)

or

Seared (with Paul Prudhomme's "Blackened Redfish Magic") fresh (never frozen) Tuna Steak, raw in the middle, side of Paul Newman's Mango Salsa for dipping, w/ a Dirty Grey Goose Vodka Martini for desert
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

T200

Krispy Kreme donuts, cheesecake, bread pudding

I'm a sucker for desserts.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

DaveBrown74

I love a good desert too although I am generally pretty decent at satiating the sweet tooth need with a piece of fruit after dinner. Honeycrisp apples are my go-to in that sense. That usually does the job for me. I generally only eat a real desert in restaurants, and when I do it's usually a sharing situation so it's only a few bites.

My weakness is probably good quality bread of various kinds. If my wife picks up a fresh baguette from the bakery, it's nearly impossible for me to avoid getting involved. A nice hunk of a fresh baguette with some salted French butter or sliced and served with cheese (love manchego, brie, and cheddar) is delectable to me. Bread is a killer diet-wise though so I try to avoid even having it in our kitchen at all. My ability to exercise discipline with it is weaker than with other foods that are sub-optimal from a health perspective.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on July 09, 2023, 09:16:27 PMKing Crab Legs slathered in clarified butter w/ a pint of Guinness (drawn)

or

Seared (with Paul Prudhomme's "Blackened Redfish Magic") fresh (never frozen) Tuna Steak, raw in the middle, side of Paul Newman's Mango Salsa for dipping, w/ a Dirty Grey Goose Vodka Martini for desert

Jolly: You're SO specific... a pint (drawn) and tuna fresh (never frozen), etc. Nice post.  Bob 
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

A Dunkin Donut with my coffee is tough to resist.  Thankfully, donuts in my office are relatively rare.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Bob In PA on July 10, 2023, 10:15:43 AMJolly: You're SO specific... a pint (drawn) and tuna fresh (never frozen), etc. Nice post.  Bob 

Yeah, I am pretty specific. Guinness is better drawn than out of a can...and when it comes to tuna steaks, there's a reason "never frozen" is 40.00+ a lb., and frozen tuna steaks are 6.00 a lb. Makes all the difference in the world. Also, I've tried several different mango salsas and the ONLY one worth having is Paul Newman's brand, and that's only with a perfectly seared tuna steak that is mostly raw

And, I'm not a hard drinker and rarely drink liquor. I've tried different martinis and don't care for them (especially gin  :sick: ), but the Grey Goose vodka with a little olive juice and a splash of vermouth is incredible...to me anyway. I only have one, because they kick my ass. I'd have to drink 6 beers to get the same buzz as one of those martinis. And I never drink 6 beers and on a night when I over-imbibe, is when I have 3 beers for the night...LOL (I'm a lightweight drinker)

Guilty pleasures are those things that leave you in a state of euphoria with a little buzz. In my opinion, anyway  :-??
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Bob In PA

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on July 10, 2023, 04:01:40 PMGuinness is better drawn than out of a can.
Jolly: I agree, but even out of a can it's not bad. LOL  You are the exemplification of an "epicurean," IMO.  Bob

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Jclayton92

Hispanic rice with cheese dip on top of it and some grilled chicken and soft shell tortillas on the side.

Beer wise I like my beer significantly darker than Guinness, like a chocolate stout but my one exception is a beer called Chimay. I think it's like 50 dollars for an 8 pack, I know the bar I used to go to charged like 12 dollars a beer but it's made by Belgium monks and is one of 13 breweries in the world to make trappist ale, they make a red, yellow, blue, and white. They are phenomenal.