News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Hyatt hit 24 mph

Started by MightyGiants, July 31, 2023, 04:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

That is what Art Stapleton heard from Hyatt (after prompting from DJ)

For context, here was the fastest ball carrier in the entire league in 2022

Campbell reached a speed of 22.11 miles per hour. According to Next Gen Stats, it was the fastest recorded speed by any ball carrier in 2022.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Was that running a route before he caught the ball or after he caught it and was running away from defenders.  If the former that would be a lot more scary to a defense.

Ed Vette

A Frank Barone, "Holy Crap".
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on July 31, 2023, 04:47:41 PMWas that running a route before he caught the ball or after he caught it and was running away from defenders.  If the former that would be a lot more scary to a defense.

Hyatt indicated the GPS hit 24 mph a few times
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

madbadger

If that translates to when he finally has full pads on we will have the two fastest men in the NFL as measured by their mph.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/top-plays/fastest-ball-carriers

Bob In PA

Quote from: madbadger on July 31, 2023, 05:01:29 PMIf that translates to when he finally has full pads on we will have the two fastest men in the NFL as measured by their mph.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/top-plays/fastest-ball-carriers

madb: Funny how that worked out, isn't it? LOL
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

madbadger

Quote from: Bob In PA on August 01, 2023, 12:55:26 PMmadb: Funny how that worked out, isn't it? LOL

Exciting to say the least. At some point this season the Giants could have Barkley, Waller, Hyatt, Campbell and Robinson on the field at the same time. Someone is going to be wide open. I just hope the line can give Jones enough time to take advantage of all that speed.

True Blue

I think too much weight is being put on this currently.

It is impressive, don't get me wrong, but hopefully he can do it in live action against actual defenses with pads on and all. If he can, or close to it, that speed can be deadly for sure.

madbadger

Quote from: True Blue on August 01, 2023, 01:22:49 PMI think too much weight is being put on this currently.

It is impressive, don't get me wrong, but hopefully he can do it in live action against actual defenses with pads on and all. If he can, or close to it, that speed can be deadly for sure.

He played fast last year, so adding pads won't make any difference. Even then someone on this offense is going to have a mismatch. Sometimes it'll be Hyatt other times not.

DaveBrown74

Weird how he doesn't have a faster 40 time with that kind of top sprinting speed.

Not that a 4.4 is bad at all, but he seems like a 4.3 guy.

uconnjack8

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 31, 2023, 04:52:36 PMHyatt indicated the GPS hit 24 mph a few times

Is that in full pads?

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 01, 2023, 02:07:32 PMWeird how he doesn't have a faster 40 time with that kind of top sprinting speed.

There's a difference between "sprint speed" and "long speed". Great sprinters shave a half second or more off in the first three steps of their dash
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Painter

With or without pads, before or after RAC, 23/24 mph is fast, record or not especially for anyone, one guy or two, currently wearing a Giants jersey. May the force be...sorry, got a bit carried away. May it prove meaningful and productive.

Cheers!

Dgoodmantrublu

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 01, 2023, 02:07:32 PMWeird how he doesn't have a faster 40 time with that kind of top sprinting speed.

He ran that with a slight injury. He plays faster than 4.4.