News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Carl Banks predicts Ojulari will get 15+ sacks if he stays healthy

Started by MightyGiants, August 03, 2023, 03:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Bob Papa and Carl Banks are Back on the mic to debrief after the Saquon contract settlement. But now the focus is the season with training camp underway. Banks is VERY impressed with what he's seen on the defense right now, especially from Azeez Ojulari.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

That would be insane.  How about a baby step first and say play for 16 or 17 games?

Jclayton92

That was my hot take on the board about a month ago whenever we did the hot take thread. His analytics when he was in last season were off the charts.

Ed Vette

I don't see it Rich. I think Thibs takes a major step up this season and he could be the guy. He's a Hot Dog but he comes with Bacon and Cheese. He's got it upstairs and has good instincts.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 03, 2023, 03:29:01 PMI don't see it Rich. I think Thibs takes a major step up this season and he could be the guy. He's a Hot Dog but he comes with Bacon and Cheese. He's got it upstairs and has good instincts.

I could see it happening.  Ojulari has all the pass-rushing tools.

https://twitter.com/CarlBanksGIII/status/1687176051246469120
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 03, 2023, 03:40:20 PMMy over/under is 9 sacks for AO and 15 for KT.
And Ximines gets 2 and Ward gets 1 and Fox is the wildcard.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

Ojulari's pressure rate and pass rush win percentage jumped up significantly in year two, he averaged .79 sacks a game even though he only played 22 snaps in the two playoff games. If he Improves even more while staying healthy there's a good chance he explodes.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 03, 2023, 04:39:50 PMOjulari's pressure rate and pass rush win percentage jumped up significantly in year two, he averaged .79 sacks a game even though he only played 22 snaps in the two playoff games. If he Improves even more while staying healthy there's a good chance he explodes.
Stays healthy. That's the key and he never has.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Stringer Bell

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 03, 2023, 04:46:27 PMStays healthy. That's the key and he never has.

I have no doubt Ojulari would have 10-12 sacks if he played 17 games opposite Thibs.

I also have no doubt Ojulari has 12-14 games in him, max.

Dgoodmantrublu

No one has ever gotten that many in a Wink defense. I think it is highly unlikely because some of those sacks get poached by blitzing DBs and also because teams try to get rid of the ball quicker against us.

True Blue

He certainly has all the talent and ability to be able to do it. If he stays healthy he will be double digits

It'd be amazing if him and KT both can get double digits

Jclayton92

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on August 03, 2023, 08:36:47 PMNo one has ever gotten that many in a Wink defense. I think it is highly unlikely because some of those sacks get poached by blitzing DBs and also because teams try to get rid of the ball quicker against us.
I don't think Wink has ever had the talent on the edge that he has with Ojulari and Thibs. Baltimores best two pass rushers under wink were a 3rd and 5th rd pick.

Dgoodmantrublu

Judon was about an 8 sack guy for Wink and became a 12 sack guy for the Pats. That is one example. It isn't a knock on the player. Just a function of scheme.

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 04, 2023, 10:52:33 AMI don't think Wink has ever had the talent on the edge that he has with Ojulari and Thibs. Baltimores best two pass rushers under wink were a 3rd and 5th rd pick.