News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Carl Banks predicts Ojulari will get 15+ sacks if he stays healthy

Started by MightyGiants, August 03, 2023, 03:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

True Blue

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on August 04, 2023, 12:09:07 PMJudon was about an 8 sack guy for Wink and became a 12 sack guy for the Pats. That is one example. It isn't a knock on the player. Just a function of scheme.

If it is a function of scheme, he wouldn't have 5.5 in 7 games, over a full season, that would translate to 12+, he'd have 11 in 14 games with 3 other games to play.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on August 04, 2023, 12:09:07 PMJudon was about an 8 sack guy for Wink and became a 12 sack guy for the Pats. That is one example. It isn't a knock on the player. Just a function of scheme.

I understand that, what I'm saying is that the talent he has now on the edge is more gifted than he's ever had. That coupled with the fact that wink did things with the Giants last year that he didn't do in Baltimore because the personnel is different, Baltimore had a dominant secondary whereas we do not hence our reliance on quarters a ton last year.

B1GBLUE

this has to be the year he breaks out. and that mostly depends on his health/availability. i still feel like he is a "flash" player who has a couple good games then disappears for stretches. just get consistent pressure.

i think of Osi, who had some great numbers a couple years, but even the years he didnt put up 10+ sacks, he was ALWAYS in the backfield. go back and watch. every snap he was getting pressure. thats what i want to see from azeez and KT.

too many times we watch the qb sit back, have a cup of coffee, read the paper, check his email and hit a guy wide open. that needs to stop.

beaugestus

Speaking of Banks, I have never seen him so excited for an up-and-coming season.