News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Evan Neal in concussion protocol

Started by MightyGiants, August 04, 2023, 01:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kartanoman

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 05, 2023, 04:20:56 PMJust to be clear, I was not saying the concussion IS the silver lining. I know how serious a thing a concussion is, and I made it clear that I thought it was a decidedly bad development that it happened to Neal.

I wasn't calling you out, by any means. It was more of sharing the AFL concussion stories and I was a bit taken back that a 21 year old's career had ended prematurely due to multiple concussions. No matter the sport, or team or player, a young athlete whose hopes and dreams become shattered alongside his brain. It's a sad story and hearing about Evan today jarred a lot of emotion.

In case you are interested ...

Port Adelaide fined for breaking Concussion Protocol

Hawthorn Ruckman Max Lynch Forced to Retire

Meanwhile, in the Giants' camp, I'll be keeping Evan in my thoughts and wishing him well for a safe return, as I know all of us here are.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)