News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Wandale Robinson - Trade Bait

Started by killarich, August 04, 2023, 09:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killarich

Now before you crucify me

I'm not necessarily saying this should be done or would ever even be considered

I just feel like we are loaded with players ..... and while I think he will become a decent player I never got that feeling that he will be more than that .... I hope I'm completely wrong for the teams sake

But what do you think Giants could get for him if he was traded ?

Jclayton92

I'd much rather trade Slayton or Hodgins than Robinson. Hyatt, Bellinger, Gray, Campbell if kept, and Robinson is a good young nucleus that you pair with a number 1. Not trade away.

Robinson hardly got targeted early in the season and was coming into his own in the Jacksonville and Detriot game before injury. Give me that Detroit game every game and you have a stud and steal. He's the separation, and mismatch Wr Daboll and Kafka want. So yeah trade Slayton, but I'd want to keep the young, cheap players with potential.

nb587

You'd be trying to trade a player when he's worth bupkis. 

madbadger

Quote from: killarich on August 04, 2023, 09:25:51 PMNow before you crucify me

I'm not necessarily saying this should be done or would ever even be considered

I just feel like we are loses with players ..... and while I think he will become a decent player I never got that feeling that he will be more than that .... I hope I'm completely wrong for the teams sake

But what do you think Giants could get for him if he was traded ?

I think Schoen and Daboll have earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to identifying talent. Before his injury Wan'Dale was really starting to come on. Why would we walk away from that? None of the other guys at the slot have his upside or his future.

If the old axiom that you never go broke by turning a profit is true then you never win if you always give away good players also has to be true. 

ralphpal1

We finally have WR depth and you want to trade that away

kingm56

At best, he would garner a 5+ round pick, which represents a terrible return on the Giants' investment; the 5th round is extremely optimistic too.  In short, his potential is worth more than his current trade value.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: kingm56 on August 05, 2023, 04:37:04 AMAt best, he would garner a 5+ round pick, which represents a terrible return on the Giants' investment; the 5th round is extremely optimistic too.  In short, his potential is worth more than his current trade value.

Exactly what I was thinking. At the absolute best, you'd be getting a 5th. Given our other slot receivers (Bessley, Shep, Crowder) have been around the block and are either very old, injury-prone, or both, he seems like one of the last guys to trade.

killarich

Quote from: kingm56 on August 05, 2023, 04:37:04 AMAt best, he would garner a 5+ round pick, which represents a terrible return on the Giants' investment; the 5th round is extremely optimistic too.  In short, his potential is worth more than his current trade value.

This I do agree with

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

He has plenty of time to develop. Beasley and Shepard are long in the tooth and besides, when he comes off of PUP, he may be replacing an injury.

As for Slayton, he carried this team's passing game last year. I was all for cutting him too but he turned his career around. He's a good solid number two.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

beaugestus

I can anyone make an assessment that a player who has not played a full season should be traded? We have no idea of the kid's potential is and will be.

I don't know if you guys have noticed but Slayton is catching everything this camp. He started to keep his hands closer together and has had fewer drops if any this camp. I guess, we are never too old to learn. He gets open but the problem he had were his drops.

Stringer Bell

Robinson has absolutely no trade value, therefore you'd be giving him away for peanuts.

Painter

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 05, 2023, 07:37:44 AMHe has plenty of time to develop. Beasley and Shepard are long in the tooth and besides, when he comes off of PUP, he may be replacing an injury.

As for Slayton, he carried this team's passing game last year. I was all for cutting him too but he turned his career around. He's a good solid number two.

You nailed it, Ed. I would agree even if I hadn't been impressed by what I saw of Robinson at UKy and as such was pleased when the GMen grabbed him in the 2nd Round (43).

Moreover, given enough targets, I can see Slayton becoming the Giants WR1 based on size, speed, and DJ's comfort with him and, if not, he's still great value for money even without mentioning Gettleman's $72 million Follyday.

Cheers! 

killarich

Just to clear things up, I was just trying to see what everyone thought of a potential return

Even though im not a huge fan of his ... I do realize he has the potential to be way better than I personally feel.. and that is exactly what I am hoping for. If he turns out to be our slot guy of the future I will be beyond happy as I do see the possibility of that