News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Wandale Robinson - Trade Bait

Started by killarich, August 04, 2023, 09:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Painter

Quote from: killarich on August 05, 2023, 11:30:46 AMJust to clear things up, I was just trying to see what everyone thought of a potential return

Even though im not a huge fan of his ... I do realize he has the potential to be way better than I personally feel.. and that is exactly what I am hoping for. If he turns out to be our slot guy of the future I will be beyond happy as I do see the possibility of that

Your suggestion was worth making in as much as the Giants have become notably deep in what we usually think of as Slot Receiver and may well choose a reduction there.

I would imagine that like me you have found the impressions and opinions of Robinson's anticipated value to be reassuring. That's sure hasn't been the case anytime lately.

Cheers!

Philosophers

Quote from: kingm56 on August 05, 2023, 04:37:04 AMAt best, he would garner a 5+ round pick, which represents a terrible return on the Giants' investment; the 5th round is extremely optimistic too.  In short, his potential is worth more than his current trade value.

I dont think he did enough last year plus coming back from an ACL injury does not get the Giants a 5th round pick especially if other teams thought he was a 4th round talent to begin with.

Dgoodmantrublu

Robinson is on the only premium pick of Schoen that I didn't absolutely love at the time it was made. But he still showed some really good potential right before he got hurt. I am not interested in trading him at all.

spiderblue43

With a 17-game season..I want depth at wr As mentioned.. .trading him would be premature since he has played so little Wan Dale doesn't have to rushed.

sxdxca38

I personally believe Wandale Robinson is going to become a good player.

He had 9 catches and over 100 yards against Detroit last year.

I am against trading him, and believe he will become a powerful weapon to add with Waller, Hyatt, and Slayton.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on August 05, 2023, 01:53:40 PMI dont think he did enough last year plus coming back from an ACL injury does not get the Giants a 5th round pick especially if other teams thought he was a 4th round talent to begin with.

Fair point and you're likely right. My thinking was 5th rounder was a best case scenario. I agree it's probably less than that. They'd be selling the lows on this guy.

DaveBrown74

Now.... if you want to talk about what the Steelers would get if they traded this guy, who was on the board when we took Wan'Dale, then that is a different discussion:

https://twitter.com/jasrifootball/status/1687928347303542784

Painter

There is no way in hell that the Giants will give the slightest thought to dealing Robinson unless someone is willing to offer them more than the value they placed on him when they grabbed him at 43 in Round 2.

We can be damn sure that the staff isn't worried about Slot or any kind of WR congestion.

Cheers!