News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Two plays of Kayon Thibodeaux vs. Andrew Thomas

Started by MightyGiants, August 06, 2023, 02:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Where's the one where he put Thibs on the ground?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

4 Aces

It must be pretty frustrating going against Andrew Thomas all camp.

DaveBrown74

I'd like to see Thibs getting the better of him on more plays. We already know Thomas is great. That's totally confirmed and is money in the bank at this point. As long as he stays healthy we have nothing to worry about him.

Thibodeaux on the other hand is unproven. He definitely made strides late in the season last year and he had a couple of games where he looked really good (see at Wash), but he remains unproven. At the end of the day, as of right now at this moment, he is a four sack guy. So unlike Thomas, who is a confirmed stud, we don't know for sure what Thibs is yet. I'd like to see him start to look more dominant out there soon.

Bottom line though all that matters is what happens in games that count. The rest is conversation.

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 06, 2023, 06:23:15 PMhttps://twitter.com/bobbyskinner_/status/1688313962687827968
Bobby was offering a $10 Venmo for that video. Looks like he got it. I saw it on the binoculars.

Thibs beat him on one play with that inside move that Neal and Peart also had trouble with. Thibs needs to be able to be explosive and bend with that outside move to be effective against the better LTs in this league. He gets washed out. So I have to redo my over-under to 9 sacks for him. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

brownelvis54

I love this dude. I was wrong. I didnt think Kayvon would be good...seems like a solid guy. The day of the draft he was classy with the young fan that was up there with him. Seems to want to learn and be great
The KING is in the building

Dgoodmantrublu

I have full faith in Kayvon. He's working on some stuff in camp. Remember all the panic about Andrew Thomas after the Patriots practice and preseason game his 2nd year? And then he was really good to start the season.

Philosophers

My concern about Thibs is he is an awfully narrow shouldered edge who does not strike me as a guy who will ever have a real bull rushing move.  Seems like he will be solely a speed guy. 

Jclayton92

We are going to find out about this team relatively quickly this coming week in Detroit. Goff is good, their skills have talent, and their d isn't horrible.

Dgoodmantrublu

It is still very early in the development phase. So much changes from week to week with teams in this league. I don't what we think we learn is sure to be true a few weeks later.

Trench

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 07, 2023, 07:31:22 AMI'd like to see Thibs getting the better of him on more plays. We already know Thomas is great. That's totally confirmed and is money in the bank at this point. As long as he stays healthy we have nothing to worry about him.

Thibodeaux on the other hand is unproven. He definitely made strides late in the season last year and he had a couple of games where he looked really good (see at Wash), but he remains unproven. At the end of the day, as of right now at this moment, he is a four sack guy. So unlike Thomas, who is a confirmed stud, we don't know for sure what Thibs is yet. I'd like to see him start to look more dominant out there soon.

Bottom line though all that matters is what happens in games that count. The rest is conversation.

This post is 100% on the money!....we don't know if Thibs is the goods. He had a few flashes yes, but last year he also was MANHANDLED one on one numerous times. That is a fact

Dgoodmantrublu

I don't think that is a fact. He had the highest pash rush win rate of any rookie in the league. This after starting the year hurt. He made difference-making plays in multiple games. And teams were paying a lot of attention to him.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on August 07, 2023, 11:54:31 PMI don't think that is a fact. He had the highest pash rush win rate of any rookie in the league. This after starting the year hurt. He made difference-making plays in multiple games. And teams were paying a lot of attention to him.

I have been bullish on Thibodeaux since before the Giants drafted him. To be clear, I think he is a big time talent, and I think he will be at least very good, if not a major star. Has he proven that yet over a full season though at this level? Not yet in my opinion. We can break down the stats any way we want, but he wasn't much of a factor really until some of the games later in the season. 4 sacks is 4 sacks. A legitimately great rookie season for an edge rusher is the kid they're facing this week in Detroit. And teams were paying plenty of attention to him, just like they were Thibodeaux.