News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Daniel Jones Soaring in Giants Camp + Shaun Morash

Started by MightyGiants, August 07, 2023, 08:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I have to admit it was nice to hear Bobby talking on the Pod about talking with Ed and me about Peart. 

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 07, 2023, 08:15:15 AMI have to admit it was nice to hear Bobby talking on the Pod about talking with Ed and me about Peart. 

I was watching the one on one drills with Peart in there and I mentioned to Bobby how good Peart was looking. Then we get the report that Neal left the field and he said, what a coincidence it was.

The thing with Peart is he needs some playing time to elevate his game. I hope he sat with his Coach and reviewed film where Thibs took away his lunch money. They can't be comfortable or lax in assuming Neal won't miss any time. If he indeed is the swing tackle, I want to see him getting three quarters of reps in each game of the preseason on both sides.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 07, 2023, 09:02:13 AMI was watching the one on one drills with Peart in there and I mentioned to Bobby how good Peart was looking. Then we get the report that Neal left the field and he said, what a coincidence it was.

The thing with Peart is he needs some playing time to elevate his game. I hope he sat with his Coach and reviewed film where Thibs took away his lunch money. They can't be comfortable or lax in assuming Neal won't miss any time. If he indeed is the swing tackle, I want to see him getting three quarters of reps in each game of the preseason on both sides.

This is Peart's contract year.   He has every reason to really put things together this season.   Peart has all the tools to be a solid OT in the NFL.   He has the size and speed needed.   Right now as Bobby put it, Peart is at the level that he can stop a Ximmines but still will struggle with a Thibbodaeux
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

So is Phillips not getting those 2nd team tackle reps? I thought he was beating peart to start camp?

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 07, 2023, 09:47:08 AMSo is Phillips not getting those 2nd team tackle reps? I thought he was beating peart to start camp?

Phillips has not looked all that impressive in camp
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Great wrap up of the summer camp. Very knowledgeable guys who are fun to listen to. Been listening to them regularly for the last month. Cool that they gave a shoutout to Rich and Ed and Big Blue Huddle  :ok:
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 07, 2023, 09:47:58 AMPhillips has not looked all that impressive in camp
I know that he looked better in season that Peart. Rn most depths have Phillips at backup right and Peart at backup left but I think they only keep 1.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 07, 2023, 10:32:57 AMI know that he looked better in season that Peart. Rn most depths have Phillips at backup right and Peart at backup left but I think they only keep 1.

It's possible McKethan might see some snaps at RT now that he is off PUP
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

It's possible Glow has impressed enough to secure his position. I don't know that JMS has enough sand in his pants to be ordained the starting Center role... just yet. I think Bredeson had a better camp. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Dgoodmantrublu

I think Bredeson should start at one of the guard spots. That is his best position. I think JMS should start. That is the best thing in the long run.