News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

A good breakdown of a pass route

Started by MightyGiants, August 07, 2023, 01:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

https://twitter.com/nickfalato/status/1688601669179994112

Nick Falato
@nickfalato
A good look at a slide release by WR Isaiah Hodgins against Amani Oruwariye's inside leverage 

Slide release is great for an under, slant, or fade route, but it all depends on how the DB responds to the release.

Hodgins executed with patient feet & his hips were square till the break; maybe his goal was to influence Oruwariye outside to set up a slant, I'm not certain, but AO played to his leverage

The DB isn't influenced off his platform, and his hips are outward; he maintained proper space and depth to force the fade by Hodgins, who did create good separation out of the break

There was space toward the sideline, but the ball was slightly underthrown, which allowed Oruwariye to get back into phase for the PBU
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Falato also does a great job at breaking down a favorite passing route used by the Giants and explains why Hyatt really grasps the concept. This is a very good watch

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

beaugestus

I really enjoy the videos from Falato and Skinner. I find them informative and we can learn from each of them.