News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Depth is what makes a team go from good to great

Started by Slugsy-Narrows, September 01, 2023, 11:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slugsy-Narrows

Belton is not a starter, but when he gets on the field he seems to be making a difference!

https://nypost.com/2023/09/01/giants-dane-belton-keeps-flashing-ability-to-force-turnovers/

So is this what separates good teams from great?  When you guy comes off the bench to rest a starters legs or to come in as an extra player on special packages and BANG, they pop a play and make something happen and there is little to no drop off from they player they are replacing.

That is what we are STARTING to see on this Giants roster!

I think we have that developing with the DBs.

We seem to have that on the DLine!

LB and OLINE is that spot we don't seem to have that!

I'm excited to see these rookies, 2nd year players develop and see how vets take to the 2nd year playing in the same system.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

IMO right now the Giants are somewhere between "good" and "great" (as measured by depth). Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Trench

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on September 01, 2023, 11:27:58 PMBelton is not a starter, but when he gets on the field he seems to be making a difference!

https://nypost.com/2023/09/01/giants-dane-belton-keeps-flashing-ability-to-force-turnovers/

So is this what separates good teams from great?  When you guy comes off the bench to rest a starters legs or to come in as an extra player on special packages and BANG, they pop a play and make something happen and there is little to no drop off from they player they are replacing.

That is what we are STARTING to see on this Giants roster!

I think we have that developing with the DBs.

We seem to have that on the DLine!

LB and OLINE is that spot we don't seem to have that!

I'm excited to see these rookies, 2nd year players develop and see how vets take to the 2nd year playing in the same system.

Disagree about LB because Coughlin is that.

bamagiantfan

I always felt the difference had less to do with Xs and Os or talent and more to do with confidence and attitude. Call that culture if you want. That Giants team last year was not appreciably different than the one the year before but they sure looked different. Chins up. Shoulders back. They had some moxie. By the time they got to the playoffs they went into Minnesota and trounced that 13-4 football team. They didn't look like a wild card team. They looked like the favorite from the moment they walked on the field.

"Whether you think your a good team or a bad team, believe it, and it will happen"
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)