News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Encourage stat I just saw online

Started by True Blue, September 15, 2023, 11:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

True Blue

Daniel Jones is 7-1-1 in his last 9 games following a loss.

This was posted by the Giants themselves on Facebook

https://www.giants.com/news/daniel-jones-josh-dobbs-saquon-barkley-james-conner-isaiah-simmons

MightyGiants

I am hopeful (I wouldn't say optimistic) that the Giants right their ship with a bounce-back game.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

GloryDays

Washington has a decent O line and passrush, at least better than ours and these Cards had 6 sacks... Unless our guys where suffering from a hangover or something, I am afraid we'll probably have another loss  :(

DaveBrown74

Quote from: GloryDays on September 15, 2023, 04:49:06 PMWashington has a decent O line, at least better than ours and these Cards had 6 sacks... Unless our guys where suffering from a hangover or something, I am afraid we'll probably have another loss  :(

The Cardinals suck. Period.

If we lose this game, so do we.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kingm56

Quote from: GloryDays on September 15, 2023, 04:49:06 PMWashington has a decent O line and passrush, at least better than ours and these Cards had 6 sacks... Unless our guys where suffering from a hangover or something, I am afraid we'll probably have another loss  :(

The Commanders do not have a decent oline.  Im not sure how you came to that conclusion.  The Cardinals are not good, period.  If the Giants can't beat them, we're in real trouble. 

Jaime

Cards are a doormat Team. If we can't generate a 10 point margin of Victory, we'll have troubles going forward. :Faint:

kingm56

Quote from: Jaime on September 15, 2023, 06:26:00 PMCards are a doormat Team. If we can't generate a 10 point margin of Victory, we'll have troubles going forward. :Faint:

True, Jamie.  Squeaking out a win is not a good omen. 

JT39

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 15, 2023, 05:10:13 PMThe Cardinals suck. Period.

If we lose this game, so do we.

This should be pinned for the theme of the week!

B1GBLUE

Quote from: kingm56 on September 15, 2023, 06:34:10 PMTrue, Jamie.  Squeaking out a win is not a good omen. 

and thats all we ever seem to get. always down to the wire. i'll take a win however we can get them. but every now and then we need a convincing win.

kartanoman

I find it very interesting that, even though the Cardinals were a dumpster 🔥  team last year, and they are picking up the pieces out of the ashes this season, doesn't mean they're incapable of beating the "Look at me" Giants. Let's bring this thing back down to Earth, for a second.

History may or may not have any bearing, but the "look at us" Giants haven't beaten the Cardinals since Eli Manning stole a victory out here in his second Super Bowl season (2011). The Cardinals have beaten the Giants four times since then.

The Cardinals QB Dobbs shouldn't be an issue tomorrow. That being said, if the Giants' defense plays anything like last Sunday, Dobbs has mobility and ex-Eagle TE Ertz who remembers how much fun it is to play the Giants. They start giving Dobbs confidence, figure the pressure on the defense increases. Longer drives, 100+ degree heat, dry desert climate (i.e. dehydration and cramping), Giants aren't conditioned for this environment. Remember, for all of you back east, it's your late game. Here, it's 1:30 PM kickoff.

Time of possession is going to tell the story of this game. If Daboll is smart, this isn't going to be a shootout at the OK Corral. He will want to control the tempo, win the TOP, get the Cardinals worn down and then finish them off.

No turnovers! If it is close, or they are playing catchup, and the heat effect is taking a toll on them, any turnover is going to be a psychological killer because they are fighting more than just the Cardinals. That's reality in the desert. People not from here walk our trails and are later found dead or nearly dead because they do not understand the concepts and signs of heat injuries. Nor do they have common sense to stay off the trails until our oven starts to cool off in about a month or so. This year has broken all-time heat records and many people were hospitalized for heat-related injuries.

I can't emphasize the heat factor enough. It is going to play a factor in this game and I will offer up that Ronnie Barnes' staff is responsible for the plan to keep these players safe, first and foremost, throughout this game. Next, they have to be fully diligent in observing and talking to the players to ensure no heat injuries manifest and, if they do, immediately work them. The NFL Medical Staff, along with regional hospitals are all on alert to receive players if any fall into the more severe categories of heat injury.

I'm not 100% sold the Giants will shake off all of what happened to them last week. They'll be competitive for a while. But how they hold up to the temps which will increase as the game goes on will be a factor.

Whether or not the Cardinals "stink" is irrelevant. If they are better conditioned to play in the hot, Arizona sunshine than the Giants are, and they have the ball, their "stink" is going to be running a lot faster then the Giants "look at me."

Like Pigpen running for a touchdown while Charlie Brown gets the ball pulled out by the Scottish Hammer as he swings and misses the kick yet again. The Cardinals win, and the beat goes on!

Ugh!

P.S. I plan to talk to the Scottish Hammer tomorrow if security doesn't bust my chops.

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)